Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 23, 2015
Disciplinary staff takes situation very seriously. No matter what she is sure to give u some kind of punishment

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 23, 2015
Sometimes it is a lot but other times not at all. depends on teachers mood i guess.

Central Jersey College Prep Charter School 4

Posted May 23, 2015
Even though I am a student and my opinion is 99.99% going to be ignored I want to make a statement. This school is only for students who will work there butts off. No kidding. College preparation is taken very seriously at this school. Over-all this school is good and has one many awards including Jersey Can and "Exceptional School Award". Only for people who will work. U have been warned......

Central Jersey College Prep Charter School 2

Posted May 09, 2015
The school treats us like test animals. Every year in at least one class, we have 2-3 different teachers. It says something about how administration teaches faculty. Some teachers are out of line with their actions and the school usually ignores it. Students opinions are always ignored and they use us for their "reputation". Our principal rarely interacts with us. There's no sports so it doesn't even feel like high school. Only good thing about this school is some of the classes and teachers who actually care ..and their aren't many of those.

Central Jersey College Prep Charter School 3

Posted March 29, 2015
First off, the school is horrible. The students there are the most immature, ill fating people you could ever met. The teachers themselves are excellent if you follow the rules . Recntly though there has been a power surge with the dean and the head of security. They can give any punishment without any though and some of they are racially motivated. They are also extremely sexist towards boys. Also if you are not with the deans circle you are instantly banished to iss and if you are in the cirlce you are demoted to sitting alone eating lunch. Horrible amirte. Anyway the students are the worst. They prey and feed on you, bringing you down are constantly telling and bulling those that may be better than them. And don't worry if you have any enimes or like to talk loud a little they will just gang up on you. The students are hyena with an immaculate facade. Besides the teachers are excellent and so it the curriculum, but the extra curricular actives are meh. They should include a class to mature the students from sixth grade onward until say about 9th or 10th grade.

Posted November 17, 2014
I currently have 2 kids attending CJCP. I like the fact that the students are required to wear a uniform and the rules for wearing the uniform and enforced. This allows the students to focus in class instead of focusing on what they are wearing. I love the small classroom sizes that allow the teachers to offer more support to students if additional help is needed. I like the tutoring available not only afterschool but on the weekend. They are a school that focuses on education and ensuring that all kids get the support they need to not only do well but excel.

Central Jersey College Prep Charter School 4

Posted November 16, 2014
I am proud to have my child in this school as it is one of the best schools I have seen. Students collaborate with each other well. The school has good after school programs such as Robotics, Science Olympiad, and Math Olympiad etc. The teachers also have a great way of communicating with the students. They make sure that students understands the concept. The teachers engage the students by making the lessons fun.

Posted November 16, 2014
CJCP is a great school. Two of my kids attend the school. The school has a great academic program and I was very pleased that the entire student body received computers this year. This technology puts the students a cut above the other schools. I also like the flexibility of the school to let the students participate in sports at other schools. My kids are very satisfied with school and their teachers. I also like the home visits and the participation of the facility and teachers. I'm also a participate of the PTO. The school could improve on Parent Teacher Conferences and the amount of time given to talk to the teachers and have 2 late nights instead of 1 to accommodate working parents. Overall, I am very pleased with the school.

Posted November 15, 2014
I have two kids who r attending this school must say great school and teachers.

Posted October 21, 2014
I am currently a student in this school and may I say that it is absolutely wonderful. I transfer a lot from school to school, but I think I finally found a home here in CJCP. The environment is great, the students are well mannered, and I wouldn't be surprised if this eventually became one of the best schools in New Jersey. We are still a young school with a very few amount of kids. So if you are reading this please consider our school because the more kids the better. Also, I'm really intrigued in how the teachers interact with the students. The teachers have a way of communicating with students to help them understand the material in class. This results in better SAT and HSPA scores, although the HSPA will be banished soon. Furthermore, this school helps students with college readiness a whole lot. There are a few education-based programs that will round out a students college resume to make it look more sophisticated. I have so much more to say but unfortunately I'm running out of characters. I hope you found this useful and please keep and open mind about CJCP. Thank you.

17 Schoohouse Rd., Somerset, NJ  08873
Last modified Central Jersey College Prep Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Jersey College Prep Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top