Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I agree that this school shows favoritism,there is a girl whose mother is a teacher and she is not a good student but she gets the laurels ...hm fair?Most of this people know eachother ,or teacher know the parents and if thats your case you have nothing to worry about but if you just moved here and not part of the clique in any way and happened to have a honor roll student with good behavior nobody would care ,because they can not see you...academics so so...This is a small town school whose moto is not aspiration but favoritism!

My child absolutely loves this school. The teaching staff is extremely caring and the principal is very involved with all of the children. It feels good to send my child to a school where she isn't just another face in the crowd.

South Amboy schools leave something to be desired regarding the quality of the educational program. There is no gifted program for children before 3rd grade which is required K-12 by state statute. The scripted curriculum does does meet the needs of all the students. My elementary student does nothing but worksheets all day and rarely reads in school with almost no direct reading instruction with her teacher.

My child's school is great. They have attentive teachers and staff that work well with the diverse community of South Amboy. I have had my son enrolled in other systems and South Amboy has been the best by far.

I have three children that attend SAES and I am very proud of their academic success. As a teacher myself in a neighboring town, I am love their early World Culture program and Robust vocabulary enrichment activities. My daughters are so proud of their school and teachers. The SAES staff and administration are professional, compassionate and very dedicated to their profession. They are always personalizing the individual education of their students. As an educator myself, I couldn't be more pleased with SAES! Keep up the fantastic job! We love you guys! T

It could be better. SOME of the teachers & staff tend to show favortism to students because their parents attended & grew up in town. Its very hard to feel welcomed by other parents. The only ones that show interest is the Principal & Vice Principal but their plates are full which is understandable.There is nothing to stimulate the children. No field trips out of town except to the library which any one can go to. During recess there is only one activity which causes quarrels. The teachers that should be watching during recess are not attentive enough. It takes too long for issues to be ressolved among students. Overall Im glad my kids no longer attend.

No need for private school. This is an excellent school. One of our children recently graduated and the other will be entering the fifth grade. The teachers do a wonderful job in preparing the students for standardized tests; and they also really care about their students. Our kids have always enjoyed their teachers. Additionally, both the principal and vice principal are very hands-on. Like any school, parental involvement is necessary to augment success. My husband and I were very pleasantly surprised and recommend the school highly.

THE TEACHERS AND STAFF REALLY CARE AND WANT TO SEE THE STUDENT SUCCEED.

the schools programs are wonderful and all the teachers and staff are great. im very happy my children are going to this school.

Love the school. My child is going into 2nd grade - we have great teachers thus far - and she is happy to go to school each day!!

Last modified South Amboy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.