PK-6 & Ungraded
South Amboy, NJ

Posted October 23, 2014
My child absolutely loves this school. The teaching staff is extremely caring and the principal is very involved with all of the children. It feels good to send my child to a school where she isn't just another face in the crowd.

South Amboy Elementary School 2

Posted April 18, 2014
South Amboy schools leave something to be desired regarding the quality of the educational program. There is no gifted program for children before 3rd grade which is required K-12 by state statute. The scripted curriculum does does meet the needs of all the students. My elementary student does nothing but worksheets all day and rarely reads in school with almost no direct reading instruction with her teacher.

South Amboy Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
My child's school is great. They have attentive teachers and staff that work well with the diverse community of South Amboy. I have had my son enrolled in other systems and South Amboy has been the best by far.

Posted February 14, 2013
I have three children that attend SAES and I am very proud of their academic success. As a teacher myself in a neighboring town, I am love their early World Culture program and Robust vocabulary enrichment activities. My daughters are so proud of their school and teachers. The SAES staff and administration are professional, compassionate and very dedicated to their profession. They are always personalizing the individual education of their students. As an educator myself, I couldn't be more pleased with SAES! Keep up the fantastic job! We love you guys! T

South Amboy Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2013
It could be better. SOME of the teachers & staff tend to show favortism to students because their parents attended & grew up in town. Its very hard to feel welcomed by other parents. The only ones that show interest is the Principal & Vice Principal but their plates are full which is understandable.There is nothing to stimulate the children. No field trips out of town except to the library which any one can go to. During recess there is only one activity which causes quarrels. The teachers that should be watching during recess are not attentive enough. It takes too long for issues to be ressolved among students. Overall Im glad my kids no longer attend.

Posted August 24, 2011
No need for private school. This is an excellent school. One of our children recently graduated and the other will be entering the fifth grade. The teachers do a wonderful job in preparing the students for standardized tests; and they also really care about their students. Our kids have always enjoyed their teachers. Additionally, both the principal and vice principal are very hands-on. Like any school, parental involvement is necessary to augment success. My husband and I were very pleasantly surprised and recommend the school highly.

South Amboy Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
THE TEACHERS AND STAFF REALLY CARE AND WANT TO SEE THE STUDENT SUCCEED.

South Amboy Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
the schools programs are wonderful and all the teachers and staff are great. im very happy my children are going to this school.

South Amboy Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted September 03, 2009
Love the school. My child is going into 2nd grade - we have great teachers thus far - and she is happy to go to school each day!!

South Amboy Elementary School
249 John St, South Amboy, NJ  08879
Last modified South Amboy Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Amboy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top