PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

it has a welcome feel to it. The teachers care about the students and the students are respectful to the teachers.

As a former student of OLS I thought that this would be a great school for my daughter boy I was wrong. We chose this school after her previous school closed down, the class is the same size as a public school class with one teacher and a part time aide which I think is ridiculous for the amount of money you pay. My daughter wasn't getting what she needed at this school and she benefited more from a smaller classroom . My husband and I decided to transfer her, well that was an experience in itself. Numerous messages left for the office staff for her records with no response even the school itself tried to contact them on our behalf. It got to the point where my husband had to take a day off and sit in the office just to get her records. Save yourself the trouble and don't go to this school especially if your child doesn't fit into the cookie cutter mold that they would like them to. I am very disappointed in this school especially how they treat African American students. I should have known when no one from my daughters previous school transferred here that should have told me something. Don't waste your time or money.

The teachers and school facility have provided a nuturing environment, filled with structure, discipline, a strong curriculum, all encompassed with religious teachings. Our children (who are in Pre-K and Kindergarden) have learned so much about their faith and their love for God and over all we've seen such an improvement in their love for learning! We'd definitely recommend this school to all parents.

My daughter is in Pre-K 4 and loves going to school every day. Both of her teachers are very nurturing and have set up a wonderful environment for learning. She has made great progress in writing her letters and has also made a lot of progress in getting along well with others. I also like the fact that it is a Catholic school and students can say prayers, celebrate religious holidays like Christmas and All Saint's Day, etc.

My children have both attended OLS since they were in Pre K 3. They are now in 2nd grade and Kindergarten. Thus far I have had a very positive experience here. The teachers are wonderful and caring and are able to adapt to the needs of different students. I feel they have a very strong academic program. I am consistently impressed with what they are learning particularly in Language Arts, Math and Science. We have an impressive computer lab, a shared group of ipads for the teachers to use with the students and smart boards in many classrooms. If a teacher does not personally have a smartboard there is generally a free one they may utilize. OLS also has one of the most impressive gyms in the area and a wonderful Athletics program in which students may participate for free. In addition to the confidence I have in the strength of the academics I am so happy to have found such a caring school community. My children and their friends are taught to be confident and respectful. They have fun at OLS and are challenged daily. So far we are very happy at Our Lady of Sorrows School.

I would not reccomend anyone to this school. They have horible technology they only have 3or4 smartboards in the school. The teacher do not care for african americans who need special help. They have very short tempers and sometimes tell us we are going no where in life. When visitors come they pretend everything is great. We pay all this money and there's no change in the school. There are bugs flying around the classrooms. The teachers make children cry. From kindergarden to 4th grade everything is fine once you get to 5th grade and up it all goes down hill. The only reasonable teacher is the gym teacher also during recess we play on a parking lot where cars park there cars while we are playing.well if you go to thisschool I wish you luck.

My son is only 19 months old and attends the Nursery at OLS. I walk through the school grounds everyday when I take him to the nursery. I notice that the teachers, staff, and parents are very friendly, student safety is taken seriously, there are a wealth of after school activities, excellent racial diversity--important because in our lifetime we'll see the kind of racial diversity in the country that you can see at OLS. Once, I even saw the local fire department give the kindergarten class a tour of the fire truck--so cute! One thing I'd ask about is teacher/student ratio. The classes seem a bit large.

Teachers are very active with the students, and care about what is happening. As a result the school has increased enrollment. I have been thrilled with my son's progress and love of the school.

We have two children at OLS; it's the first year for our son and the third year for our daughter, and both have thrived there. The academics seem to be good, but what really impresses is the wide range of sports and other extracurricular activities that are offered - even to the youngest students.

Last modified Our Lady of Sorrows School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8