Bad
Good

This will be my family's 4th year at Holy Savior Academy and I am very satisfied with the overall environment, curriculum and the staff. My youngest will be starting Pre-K there this year. My middle child needs special accommodations due to her learning disability and the Principal and teachers have been nothing short of amazing in helping her succeed. We now have an IEP in place and she is thriving! I also really love the sense of community this school fosters. Because it's not a large school, the parents and the children have become a very tight knit community and as a firm believer in it "taking a village to raise a child", I couldn't be more grateful for our Holy Savior Family. Lastly, although private schools tend to have a reputation for being only for the "wealthy", that is not the case. I am a single mother of 3 children and I pay less in tuition monthly than I paid for daycare. They give multiple child discounts, discounts for referring other families and you can apply for financial aid. The also accept Community Childcare Solutions Subsidy for aftercare and their pre-k programs. No matter what your budget is or what walk of life you come from, this school is very diverse and it is truly an amazing and nurturing environment that my children love!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at HSA truly care about their students. My daughter's 1st grade teacher stayed after school to help her and all the teachers usually go above and beyond with the students. I've always had direct communication with all the teachers via e-mail, in person or by phone. Any issues, I know about them right away. A few of the teachers are no-nonsense when it comes to school but believe it or not, these are the same teachers that will take the time to teach the kids dance moves at school dances or come on their days off to attend and support their students sporting or extracurricular events. Not only do the children respect these teachers who teach with a firm hand but they also love and adore them! HSA teachers are great!

Amount of homework: Agree

Honestly, this answer depends on the teacher and the grade. I feel as a whole, my children were given an adequate amount of homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a religious based school and our core and foundation is all about honesty and integrity. My children have been presented with awards for honesty and integrity. Holy Savior dedicates a whole entire month to the anti-bullying movement, and promotes the children to behave in a respectful, caring and fair way towards one another.

The correct name is Holy Savior Academy now. My son went to PreK-4 here and the teacher is just the most wonderful teacher one could ask for. She loves the kids and goes above and beyond the call of duty. My other son will be attending in the fall.

It would be great if you could update your website to reflect the new name of the school: Holy Savior Academy.

I have decided that instead of posting anymore comments that I will wish you peace and pray that you make the best decisions possible when it comes to your children. God bless.

School needs to inform parents of academic status by revealing the overall standarized test scores of the students in comparison to the other catholic schools in the dioscese. Much improvement is needed in test scores, teaching of curriculum, as well as preparedness of graduates going onto high school. It has been my experience that graduates are below average when entering high school and with this being a private school, my expectations are higher.

It is a fact that participation and involvement of the pastor in the school is extremely important as it is with a CEO of a company. I feel that this is lacking in the case of SHS. Many concerns of parents fall on deaf ears and are not being addressed properly, which may ultimately lead to the failure of the school. This school needs to clean house and try to rebuild its reputation. Our drop in enrollment and poor standardized test scores speak for themselves.

The person who wrote the previous review has been misinformed. That is the only reason I can think of as to why someone would write such a review.Test scores are not low at Sacred Heart. My child's scores in Language and Reading were off the charts, Math etc were well above average, as were many of her classmates. A testament to the wonderful teachers at SHS.

Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8