No rating

Darul Arqam School

Private | PK-12 | 295 students

Living in South River

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,250.

Posted May 15, 2014

This school is top notch! Qualified and dedicated staff. Administrators that care and have an open door policy. PTO that is very active. Happy and proud students who achieve every day in competitions and who are constantly involved in community service. What more could you ask for in a school?

Posted February 16, 2014

I am very pleased with Darul Arqam. My girls are in preK this year and I must say that their early childhood program is one of the best that I have seen. Their day is structured and they use a lot of interactive learning. Teachers are caring and treat the students as their own. They have many extracurricular activities. My girls are enrolled in taekwondo and tahfeez and absolutely love it. Tuition and the cost of extracurricular activities is more than reasonable. But I must say the best thing about the school is the principal. She fights for her kids and staff and really tried to better the school in any way she can. She has an open door policy and takes time out of her busy day to come and say hello or play with my infant son. She tackles problems gracefully and always with a smile. In eight years she has turned the school into a great institution of learning.

Posted February 8, 2013

The comments about under qualified teachers and no exercise are baseless. Most of the teachers are qualified, experienced and certified within their field. This year in particular DAS has a NJSIAA Sports program. There are extracurriculars both academic and athletic and the early childhood program has multiple formats of physical education including movement, martial arts, indoor playground, etc. It is an amazing school that in a short 11 years can compete with other high ranking private/prep schools. Our seniors have been accepted to excellent schools including Columbia, Penn State, NYU, St Johns etc Don't believe what you hear/read! Come SEE and EXPERIENCE the difference!

Posted June 26, 2012

We enrolled our daughter last year for Kindergarten and now at the end of the session we are quite satisfied with the teaching pattern, no school is perfect and their is always some room for improvement and i think as a parent we too had our set of concerns, but we were told that the management is already working towards improving the facilities. Principal is a good leader indeed, regular mailers are sent to us with all the updates, issues are discussed, feedback is taken, any negative feedback or shortcomings are accepted gracefully. Parent teacher interaction is very good, teachers are always ready to listen to our issues and take immediate action to fix it, we never had to wait for the PTM to discuss the smallest of concerns, the teachers were always ready to help us and it really helped. Needless to say, we have decided to keep our child enrolled for 1st grade too and expect that going forward this school is surely going to be a more improved teaching institution Insha allah.

Posted May 10, 2012

My daughter is enrolled in Darul Arqam and I have to say despite much skepticism and many bad things that I have heard about the school, I am very happy with my decision to enroll her. I was told that the school was in bad condition, which I realized that in actually its not, and where it is, there are major construction projects in the works to make improvements. I was told the teachers are unqualified, and discovered that many are certified and the few who are not, have many years of experience teaching the subject matter they were assigned. The principal is also continuously evaluating each teacher and all programs in the school to ensure all of our kids, including her own children, are receiving the best possible academic and Islamic education. I know the school has made tremendous improvements from a few years ago and have faith that they will continue to do so.

Posted January 10, 2012

I disagree with the comment about underqualified teachers. Most of the staff are either state certified or currently seeking certification in a graduate program. I have three children in the school. It is by far the best Islamic school around. Down to earth, welcoming, environment!

Posted July 3, 2011

This was my first year at this school and I must say that I have been very happy. The elementary administrator is very helpful .My child is moving to middle school and I have heard very good reviews from other parents,especially about the english teacher who sets a high standard and is also the 6th grade homeroom teacher. The principal needs to learn to deal with parents in a more professional manner and her inexperience shows but the teachers make up for her shortcomings.

Posted June 22, 2011

DARUL ARQAM is very good school,i had lots of doubts and question in my mind ,when i selected the school for my son ,because no one from my friends were there to tell me about school ,but i went there ,i met to the Principal ,then i thought i should trust her ,and i was right ,i am soooooo satisfied with the school ,my son improved alot,he loves his teachers ,they are like a small family ,and try to improve every day,they are organized and try to more organized .In 2011 i suggested two more families to get their kids registered there . i like the school very much

Posted October 10, 2010

My children feel safe and feel that they are among a family.

Posted April 26, 2010

It is a good school overall... making efforts to improve at all times. An excellent environment to nurture a morally upright future leaders.

Posted April 23, 2010

The school has a great Islamic environment and the teachers are very dedicated and caring. However, the teachers are extremely under qualified; to get a teaching job at this school you just have to wear hijab and read from a book. It is rare to find a certified teacher. In addition, there is no playground or outside space for the children to get excer-size. If you want your children to be schooled in a wholesome Islamic environment, this is the best school in the area. But you must be willing to take some educational sacrifices.

Posted April 22, 2010

My children are very happy at Darul Arqam School. I agree with the other comment that funding is always an issue, but this is often the case with private schools. I wish more focus would be put on building Islamic character through hands-on experience in the school and in the community.

Posted April 21, 2010

This is one of the best schools . They are improving every day.The teachers are dedicated.Students are respectful, and environment is friendly and this is all due to the combined effort of the Principal, staff and students.

Posted April 21, 2010

I am very satisfied with the elementry education my daughter is recieving. I would recommend this school to all Muslim parents looking for islamic education for thier kids without sacrificing academicly.

Posted April 20, 2010

Darul Arqam has improved alot this year. I am satisfied with the qulaity of education my children are receiving.

Posted April 20, 2010

I have two daughters (9 & 8)and they are going to this school since preschool. Its improving so much, I really can't imagine if there is a better place for my kids

Posted April 20, 2010

very good school. friendly teachers and administration. very proud of being able to send our kids to this school.

Posted April 20, 2010

I think the school provides a good moral foundation for our youth.

Posted April 20, 2010

Darul Arqam provides an excellent secular and religious curriculum. Students are often encouraged to participate in various community activities. Certainly, being a private school, funding is always an issue. However, overall, we're satisfied with our kids' education.

Posted January 5, 2010

Most of the high school students are dissatisfied with the level of education they are receiving. They dislike the fact that only one language option is available, and unlike all other schools in the nation, there are no electives or study halls. Lunch is often cut to fifteen minutes to accommodate extra Islamic Studies classes, with impossible-to-understand teachers for most classes. Also, the lack of locker rooms leads to a terrible stench in the hallways on gym days.
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 97% 9%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic
Fax number
  • (732) 238-1192

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious