PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The moment I stepped foot into Monmouth Montessori Academy was the moment that my children's life trajectory shifted. My son, then 3, was attending another local "montessori" preschool. He did not look forward to school each day and was unsettled when I picked him up at the end of the day. He is a highly intelligent child but he was stuck doing workbooks most of the time because they had run out of work for him to do. The difference in his demeanor and enthusiasm once we made the switch to MMA was remarkable. Mr Dubois has now been his teacher for the past 5 years. There are few words to describe Mr Dubois as a person and an educator. He is beyond kind, patient, and talented. He has given my child the tools and encouragement he needed to excel. My son is excited to go to school each day and always wants to stay after hours. My daughter has also now been attending MMA for 2.5 years. She is in Mrs Dubois' classroom. She is simply a phenomenal educator and a gem. When it comes to the Dubois, they are as good as it gets. The Dubois and the owners of the school, the Viola's have become like family to us. This is not just a school. MMA is a unique fixture in our community where children are guided with loving kindness to learn at their own pace. Mrs. Viola truly cares about each and every child in her school. It is her hard work and determination that keep this amazing school growing. Children thrive emotionally and academically at MMA without tests, homework, or the threat of detentions. The are allowed the opportunity to guide themselves with the pure fire of learning. We are so blessed to and grateful we are able to send our children to such an outstanding school that they LOVE to attend each day. How many kids out there cry at the end of the school year because they wish school was open year round? Ours do.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

There is no bullying at MMA. The children are all respectful and kind to one another.

Amount of homework: Neutral

There is no homework in a Montessori school.

We are thrilled to have found Monmouth Montessori Academy for our son. Over the past year we’ve had the opportunity to become part of a community of families who share the Montessori values of nurturing the whole child, understanding the value of concentration, respecting a child's intrinsic abilities, and allowing children to follow their own pace. In the MMA classroom, we’ve seen our son’s academic abilities and emotional development flourish. He’s thriving intellectually and emotionally, but the cherry on top is that he can’t wait to go to school each morning!

Our daughter loved her time at MMA. She had been in another Montessori school before and did not enjoy the experience. However, since first day at MMA she has felt welcome, comfortable, and eager for each school day. The staff are all warm and nurturing, while still providing the tools for the kids to learn and thrive. I highly recommend Monmouth Montessori Academy and will (hopefully) send my younger child there when he is old enough.

Amount of homework: Agree

They don't get homework, as the kids do enough "work" in school as they explore the world around them, locally and globally.

Our 5-year-old daughter is just finishing up her second year of preschool at MMA and absolutely LOVES everything about it (and so do we)! The teachers are top notch and so nurturing and patient. The whole environment is extremely inviting as it encourages exploration of the world from the "Big Picture" view down to the little details of everyday practical life. Our daughter looks forward to going to school every day and doesn't usually want to leave when I come to pick her up. (Hides in the library or says, "Can I please finish up my work first?". ;-))

MMA focuses on developing and nurturing the whole child. The director, the teachers, and assistants are kind and caring. You walk in and you immediately know you're in a special place. I was also impressed by the academic rigor and work performed by the children. We are extremely grateful that our son is attending MMA.

Never have I seen a school where the owner cares so deeply about their students. After 1 yr with my 3 yr old in the school he is beyond what I ever could have imagined. Ok so thankful he had such a great first experience where he learned to love school and is obsessed with learning. Great teachers and an impressive way to teach kids so they learn and love it.

This school is awesome! My child loves going to school and he comes home very happy. Miss Balzarini is a great teacher and a wonderful influence giving the children the confidence and love of learning all young kids need.

Last modified Monmouth Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-4