Tinton Falls, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted April 18, 2014
I have a lower school student who has attended Ranney school since Beginners. Ranney school has been the best investment my husband and I have made. Our son has had incredible experiences and opportunities at his school. His teachers are like family not to just him, but for me and my husband- they help us make decisions best for him and we share trust in shaping his school experience as he grows up. Even when we have had concerns we feel welcome to come in and speak to the teacher and administrators to help us support our son. There is always an open door. We are proud of him and his school. Ranney is a great place to raise a family! An excellent school! We can't wait to cross the lawn and celebrate his graduation.

Posted April 06, 2014
We have a son in the upper school who is having a great experience at Ranney. He is working hard and seems challenged academically but loves his teachers, advisors, and the whole staff. We have been so impressed by the caliber of teaching and have been hearing great things about college counseling. The college list is incredibly impressive. The athletic program could probably use a little attention, but we feel as if that, too, will improve. We have heard great things about the new AD coming in... The new headmaster seems to be making a lot of positive changes.

Posted April 06, 2014
We are new parents of a pre-k daughter and could not be happier with our choice. Ranney is such a warm and nurturing environment, and we feel that she is so excited about learning new things every had. We are impressed by the new headmaster. He seems great. He often gets the kids out of the car at the early childhood center and has a daughter in the same grade. We love our teacher, the staff, and other parents. It is a wonderful community. There is also a lot of diversity, which we are excited about We looked at private schools that seemed pretty homogenous. The campus is great, and she is able to do so many things--swimming, science, music Next year she will start learning languages. Overall, a great experience so far...

Posted April 04, 2014
Excellent learning environment that allows the student to explore all areas of possible interest. Challenging curriculum that prepares the student for future educational success and much more advanced than any other learning institution in the area. Quality teachers who take the time to Know and Value your child and who are engaged with each individual student. All aspects of the school work to see your child exceeds in any endeavor they undertake.

Posted February 25, 2014
I have a 2nd grader and 5th grader (both boys) at Ranney and their school experience has been nothing short of fabulous. They both entered as beginners when they were 3. Ranney has an incredible arts and music department. My 11 year old has learned to play violin well enough to play in orchestras without even a private lesson. With extended hours and after school programming for enrichment Ranney school is perfect for families with two working parents. Your children get exposed to so many activities that it helps to hone in on where your child's talents and interests lie. Every year, my children have loved their teachers, friends and overall school experience. If you are a stay at home parent, the school offers many ways to be involved and be around your children during the school day. My boys love to see me helping out around the school. I feel that the friends and the bonds that they have formed with last through a lifetime and can be extremely valuable for social networking in the future.

Posted February 24, 2014
After six years at Ranney, I can honestly say that it has been a privilege to be part of this community. Ranney is truly an exceptional and multifaceted school. Every family will have a different experience based on their child s interests but there are some common denominators. For me, it comes down to two things. The first is, at Ranney, every child is known and valued they truly are and, at Ranney, it s cool to be smart. Ranney isn t for everyone. The academics are rigorous and there is a lot of homework every night, but the classes are small and the teachers are exceptional educators. They genuinely enjoy teaching and the students benefit from the enthusiasm they bring to the classroom each and every day. The new headmaster is also amazing. He is committed to preserving what is special about Ranney celebrating the unique nature of every child - while being open to changes that help students fulfill their full potential, whatever that happens to be. We are as enthusiastic today as we were six years ago and look forward with excitement to all the Upper School has to offer.

Posted January 26, 2013
I have had two children that went to Ranney from Beginners 3 years to the end of middle school. Although I've paid tuition and was generous to the PSA, I never donated to the school. Still, at every turn, the administration and teachers were highly focused on my children from day one. If there was an issue or challenge, you were able to discuss it in detail with the administrators almost immediately. Recently, my child was considering boarding school, even though, he was a full year removed from Ranney, they took the time to meet with us, research our options, and offer to contact their contacts at our prospective schools on our behalf. The Headmaster Dr. Sykoff, came in to meet with us and spent time helping us. Keep in mind, he has announced his retirement, our son is no longer a student and we have never been donors or benefactors. All schools have their flaws but Ranney, its board and Dr. Sykoff have progressively improved this school every year since we've been there. Anyone who is serious about their children's experience should consider this school. i've found it to have a great bunch of involved parents, strong leadership and consistent progressive direction.

Posted January 10, 2013
Send One kid in 6th and the other in 9th. My older son was having academic problems but shortly after the school noticed they helped him in many ways by staying after, tutoring by older students, and just more lessons on how to study. ONE on ONE is big here. They really are a great school made with great kids. The community is welcoming and a great place to be.... There are things that will be in every single school meaning bullying ext

Posted September 12, 2012
Am looking into schools near this area and came across Ranney School. I've heard great things about the school. The only negative I've heard was that some children are just not academically cut out for Ranney (hence some negative reviews) but most other dedicated students and parents seem to love the school. The curriculum comparison between Ranney and other top public/private schools near the Rumson area show that Ranney's curriculum is often 1-2 years faster/accelerated. We are very excited for the potential to send our children here. The most impressive statistic was the 100% college matriculation rate for the last 5 years. 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. Wow.....

Posted September 12, 2012
From another post..."Their is bullying" and "learner than the very rigorous"....? horrible.... No one who actually attends Ranney or a parent of a Ranney student would use such horrible grammar. If you are a student who can't keep up with the curriculum, study harder. If you are a disgruntled parent, send your child somewhere else. Monmouth county has TONS of great private AND public schools.

Ranney School