Bad
Good

Silver Bay Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2011
SIlver Bay is a great school! I attended this school myself 15 years ago. My son is now in the 1st grade and is learning so much so quickly. Mrs. Doviak is a great teacher and sends home weekly progress reports to keep us in the loop. I'm so happy my son is at such a wonderful school.

Posted April 21, 2010
Why do you love Silver Bay Elementary School? I love Silver Bay Elemntary School because the wonderful cirriculum they have for all of the students and the teachers are really involved with teaching the kids.

Silver Bay Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2009
My son had Mrs. Turnbach for 2nd grade. She was outstanding. My son loved her. Third grade was a different story. We are hoping for a much better 4th grade. He appears to be off to a good start. The dark haired secretary is a sweetheart. The other two leave much to be desired. The new Principal is very good. The Vice Principal can be condescending at times.

Posted March 20, 2009
I love this school! I went to elementary school there 25 years ago and my 7 year old daughter is in first grade there! She absolutely loves the school, and loves her teacher!

Posted July 18, 2008
I love Silver Bay It has awsome teachers im a student that went to silver bay 2 years ago i waz there for 5 years

Posted July 07, 2008
Excellent school- very caring teachers, school nurses and principal (Mr. Pizza you will be missed!).

Posted October 26, 2006
My daughter is in the special education program, all the teachers are wonderful and understanding! My daughter and I will miss all of you. Dawn W.

Silver Bay Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2004
I am very glad to hear that a program has been instituted against bullying. It is long overdue. The bullies need consequences, and should not be overlooked. When my son approached the principal with a bullying problem, he was told that if an adult didn't see it or hear it, it didn't happen. That tells the bully, 'It's OK.' and tells my son, 'You are a liar.'. My son is out of that school now, but when a current problem arose, his councilor told me he wouldn't confide in her, why? Because he felt that he wouldn't be heard. This was the most serious problem in the school and after many discussions with the principal it was finally, reluctantly resolved with my son's class change. (With no consequences to the bullier.) After all the problems, one teacher in particular really helped inspire his new confidence. She was fantastic and understanding.

Posted March 24, 2004
I attended 3 years ago the school is awesome all the teachers are there for the kids through thick and thin no matter what! I love this school

Silver Bay Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2004
We are lucky to have never experienced serious behavior or discipline problems. I disagree with the parent who feels that bullying is overlooked at the school. In fact, a new program on bullying and conflict resolution has been was begun last year with the complete support and involvement of the faculty. Students and parents are being inserviced in the skills utilized in this program and we expect great success in the near future. Do we expect this, or any program, to solve all school behavior problems? Of course not. But at this school, every problem identified is dealt with swiftly and professionally. I feel lucky to have my child attend this school.

Silver Bay Elementary School
100 Silver Bay Road, Toms River, NJ  08753
Last modified Silver Bay Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Bay Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top