Bad
Good

The Village Charter School is an excellent institution of learning! I am a parent who has 2 children, 19 and 7 years old, both female. My oldest attended from 1st grade-through the duration of 8th grade upholding her honor roll status. My latter child now attends and has been improving expediently and I'm extremely pleased with the principal, Mrs Keoke Wooton-Johnson as well as teachers and other staff trickling down to the afterschool program implicated. I am thankful to have been able to give my urgent feedback!

Village charter school provide a family oriented environment. The teachers are always in contact with the parents and involve us in our children's education. Village Charter School offer after school programs and a student enrichment program for several months during the school year. It does take a village to raise a child and I'm honored to have my child attend V.C.S

I do not like this school because they will not teach your child what they need to know because they need money from the state. They will pass the child when they know the child is not ready for the next grade. So they don t loss the grant from the state. In return your child will have an Individualized Education Program ( IEP ) team that's just a nice way of saying Specical Education. Which mean your child has a leaning disable? Because the school didn t do their job from the start my child started in kindergarten at this school. I don't like this school ! Do not send your kids to this school they have bad teachers. Hire better teachers and a new principal also new Case Manager.

I currently have two children attending VCS, one in 1st grade and one in 3rd grade. They have both attended since kindergarten. I am very pleased with their progress as VCS. Their test scores are very high, far above the national median. They enjoy their classes, they attend art, music, computer and Spanish classes once a week. The school is constantly striving to improve, partnering with many corporations and educational resources to provide an enriched curriculum to their students. The staff is phenomenal - you can tell they truly care about their kids. Socially, it's a little tough because as a charter school it draws children from all the neighborhoods on Trenton so there may not be anyone in your neighborhood that attends the school. However, the school hosts a number of activities throughout the year where parents and chlldren can interact. Parent involvement is low and I'm not sure why. I think parents need to reach out to the school and the school needs to reach out to the parents.

I currently have one child at VCS and two more that will soon attend. I feel the teaching staff is professional; they are very creative in finding way to reach today s kids. The Administration is fantastic. They keep working hard to give our kids every advantage that students only get if you pay $20,000 + a year to send them to private school. The only issue is the overall lack of Parental involvement; I wish we had a stronger PTA... But I feel things are going in the right direction.

I have 2 children attending this school because unfortunately it is better then the local public school for our area, so we feel we have no choice - but we want to get them out as soon as we possibly can. We have experienced 3 teachers so far - one was horrendous, one is average and one is excellent - it's a crap shoot what teacher you will get. Many are inexperienced and lack creativity to the extreme. There was a lot of boring photocopied sheets posing as 'work'. Opportunities for parental involvement are rare - feels like a jail to get in there to see your kids class. They have appalling approaches to gifted programs for students. You will only know such a program exists if your child is invited to join one. Dreadful school - but better than the local alternatives sadly.

I have one child that presently attends village charter school and I had another child who started there from k-8. i would like to thank the teachers, the principal, the school nurse and the guidance counselor for caring and teaching and pushing my child to the best of their ability, when my kids are at school i feel very pleased because that's like a second home to them, and i know that there getting a good education from staff that care!!!!! Lisa Logan-Willis

I have two children in VCS and they are doing very well. This was a hard adjustment for them because we came form New York. The teachers care deeply about maintaining a stable incline in my children's reading, math, and social skills. I would strongly suggest this school to anyone. Thank you VCS

My child is finishing her first and last year at Village. I completely hate the school. There is a lack of support from the administration as well as a lack of concern. I would never in my life recommend VCS to anyone, not even as a punishment. I'm at a loss of words.

Last modified Village Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.