9-12 & Ungraded
Trenton, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,500

Posted April 03, 2015
I am currently here as a 10th grader. we have some really good teachers who will throughly go over lessons especially if they feel as though it's a hard lesson but don't get me wrong I have had or heard of a few teachers that just give you worksheets and do not explain anything so how would they expect you to do well on test. I would also like to address our "drug problem" I read on the reviews about. We do not have one and I guarantee you that every school has kids that do drugs and alcohol so it's really Unfair so rate us on that. Also I'd like to address the bullying review. Every school has bullies and mr. Smith out vice principal really does take it seriously. Now our principal I'm not sure I would say has a really good understanding on the topic because they all think it'll just blow over which is terrible considering they are the only ones that can doing anything. But seriously in general we are an average school filled with a variety of people and yes we do have a lot of white people but some of them are genuinely the nicest people you will ever meet.

Hamilton East-Steinert High School 2

Posted January 04, 2015
I attend steinert as of now & am currently in 11th grade. This school has gotten increasing worse from the time I first walked in the doors. I try to enjoy every day I habe to spend there, but the administration has made it hard to even have school spirit anymore. They expect us to give them the respect they think they deserve, yet they don't guve us any at all. Some of the teachers I've meet really and truly care about their students future & I have become friends with many. Some aren't even qualified to tech the subject they are assigned to teach. Which is appalling considering they want us to learn what the teachers don't even know. The students do have a habit of being bitter & outspoken, and not to forget rude. Some of them are just stuck up rich kids whose parents buy them everything. On the other hand, I've meet some of the most amazing, talented, funny & beautiful people in my years here so far. They've really changed my life. Even though I only have a year left here, I seriously hope I keep meeting more amazing people & the school at least trys to pick itself up.

Posted December 15, 2013
Steinert is a great school. I graduated from Steinert. I had wonderful teachers and was challenged academically everyday, my guidance counselor was fantastic. I have heard even when I was in school, that Steinert has stuck up snobs as students. I went there not knowing anyone, and made great friends from the start. I truly believe that most of the people who don't like the school, are really jealous. I know no school is perfect, but I can honestly say I'm excited for my child to be attending Steinert in the future.

Posted June 08, 2013
You all are very wrong steinert high school is a very great school with high academic standards , excellent peer leadership, and on top of all of that in a great area so you can take whatever crappy school you or your child goes to and go on about your buisness. You all are just jealous of steinert because they have some of the best test scores in new jersey and opportunities to meet kids from Reynolds, Crockett, and Grice so stfu haters and thank you to the people that actually know about steinert unlike these other dense people god bless you all

Hamilton East-Steinert High School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
Robbinsville High School- top in the county NOT West Windsor... Love it here. Went to Steinert in 1986 it wasn't good then is worse now the bullying is horrendous in Hamilton altogether and ignored.

Posted March 25, 2012
I am a student here and am appalled by the reviews on the site, which could not be further from the truth. Steinert is a strong school academically, offering 9 AP courses, and has produced a Supreme Court justice, as well as several politcians. Emphasis on academics is strong, but there is plenty of balance. The soccer and baseball teams are historically among the best in the state, and the football and wrestling are beginning to compete for state championships. Dahntay Jones was a high-school All-American at Steinert. The music and arts department is also very strong, usually cleaning out the district and county competitions. The staff is relatable and approachable.
2 people found this helpful

Hamilton East-Steinert High School 1

Posted March 14, 2011
The last man standing in hamilton, and won't be for long. Anyone who would move to Hamilton for the schools is a fool. They might as well send their children to Trenton, it will be cheaper with the same results.

Hamilton East-Steinert High School 2

Posted September 21, 2010
We moved here because this was the school to go to in hamilton. After talking with parents and finding out : How bad the drug problems are there. How hard the children clicks were How bad the teacher\principle support How they keep flunking State tests Better and more opportunities exist in other schools Sorry we moved there.

Posted July 27, 2010
I can not get what all the excitement about this school is. Although, my children haven't attended, from what I am hearing...IT'S NOT THAT GREAT! If you want great schools, go to the Princeton, West Windsor area. It's unbelievable that realtors will list a house stating "in the Steinert district". And that people will actually move to another house within Hamilton, just so their kids can attend. How about giving the other two schools in the district a look????

Posted July 12, 2010
This school is located in a great community, but the school itself is not that great. The teachers are lazy and because the school is crowded the classrooms are packed and hectic. This not only causes students not to pay attention, but the students themselves don't get individual attention. It's a really a shame.

Hamilton East-Steinert High School
2900 Klockner Road, Trenton, NJ  08619
Last modified Hamilton East-Steinert High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton East-Steinert High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top