School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The primary purpose of the instructional program at Lalor Elementary School is to provide students with a learning environment that is enriched, supportive, and responsive to their academic and social needs. Our dedicated staff focuses on facilitating student-centered learning to ensure success and positive outcomes for all of our children.
April 30, 2013

Posted February 12, 2013
This school needs to be shut down, or the district needs to seriously start to inquire about what is going on there. The staff are rude to parents and they do not put the children first. I fought hard to get my son removed from this school and thank god that I did. He is now doing great in another school within the district. This school is on the borderline of the Hamilton/Trenton city line, and I feel the township treats the school as if it were a Trenton city school instead of a Hamilton Township School. The district does not care about the residents and children in this school because it is not in the more affluent section of Hamilton Township. This is really a shame because the children and parents in this area of the township deserve better.

Posted February 04, 2013
This school is a mess. The parents do not volunteer and there is a serious lack of communication between the rude office staff and parents. My daughter has a physical disability that is continually ignored and instead we are harassed about her attendance. This school is under fire and they choose to pick on the good students versus fixing their issues. out of the 5 yrs my daughter has attended 2 teachers have cause her depression and deem highly unqualified to teach. Currently seeking a lawyer in education law to help assist us with several serious issues we are having.

Posted January 23, 2012
Children receive little or no remedial help when struggling. This school has a history of holding children back, rather than providing interventions to assist them with areas of difficulty. Child study team turns down students that other schools would easily classify and accept. I've never seen anything like it. Long time teachers seem "broken" and new teachers are quick to beg for a transfer, because of the forced peer "ignore learning problem, treat a discipline problem" atmosphere. An eduction report suggested this school be shut down, along with Greenwood school, and hopefully this will happen soon.

Lalor Elementary School 5

Posted July 29, 2008
My wife and I are impressed with Lalor School, its caring staff and their principal, Mr. Morris. My son participates in the school orchestra, is in the gifted & talented program and shares a 3rd grade classroom with hard-working peers. Back to School Night earlier this year was well-attended; the Lalor PTA, Mr. Morris and my son's teacher were very informative. We are very happy with our child's academic performance this year. Make sure your child is in school to do their work, because the principal and his teachers encourage accountability and responsibility.

Lalor Elementary School 5

Posted January 03, 2005
We moved and my oldest daughter transfer from catholic school to Lalor last year. She went from being reffered for assistance for dyslexia to an honor student. The teaching staff is very involved with the childrens' education more on a personal level rather than a classroom level. She is now excelling in acedemics, playing violin and has many new friends at Lalor.

Lalor Elementary School
25 Barnt Deklyn Road, Trenton, NJ  08610
Last modified Lalor Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lalor Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.