1-5 & Ungraded
Turnersville, NJ

Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school not only did I attend here but, my child did for most of this school year. I recently moved from TWP to Orange County NY and we are struggling with the school they lack resources and the teachers are rude. My child left an awesome school with great resources and wonderful teachers. His teachers are so awesome that they offered to reach out to my child's teacher in NY to help ease the transition. No where is perfect but, TJ is 100 X's better than most places and they care about their students. Trust me I am learning the hard way!!!

Posted April 17, 2014
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School. The little school that does big things. Have lived here and sent my children and now my grandchildren attend.

Posted January 04, 2014
It's hard to believe that this school only scored a 3! My daughter that is now in 5th grade has been attending here since 1st grade, and we have had great experiences. At times my daughter had struggles with her school work, and it was noticed by her teachers. They offered help to help her improve, and she is now an honor student. It is also nice to see our principle in the mornings outside to greet the children, and occasionally engage in a game of ball before the bell. The teachers are always there for their students, and do their best to keep them protected from bullying and otherwise. The nurse is wonderful as well, she is very caring, and she not only cares for the students but the community as well. She reaches out to do what she can to help families in need. You can most definitely say that I am a proud TJ parent!

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2012
This school used to be excellent until the old principal left and the new came! thats when it all went down hill principal needs to learn the bully law!

Posted October 19, 2011
A excellent school, where you not only get educated but learn how to connect with others and how character really counts.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
My children went through this school. It was a great experience. Full of loving and caring teachers. The school nurse is great as is the principal. They are still the saem as when my kids were there.

Posted October 02, 2008
I don't know what you mean about the principal. He is a genuine compassionate person who dedicates himself to the kids. He is sincere and thoughtful and I know for a fact that those kids truly look up to him. He is a greate role model for any kid.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2008
Sorry to hear the previous post was so negative. Possibly you could have tried multiage. In any event, we have since moved from this area and my children attend new schools. Sad to say, I didn't know any better until I moved (grew up in Township) that TJ is almost sub-level compared to our current school. I still give kudos to the multiage teachers and other staff at TJ who really do care about their students. But as far as the principle...parents and teachers deserve better.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2008
We attended this school two years ago and could not wait till the end of the year to leave it. The teachers didn't care whether the students learnt anything as long as they kept them quite. Very prison like atmosphere with no academic challenges for bright kids.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2006
Being a part of this school has been a great experience for myself and my daughter. Moving in this town from a place far from here has been great because the school welcomed my daughter and made her feel she at home.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
95 Altair Dr, Turnersville, NJ  08012
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top