PK-6 & Ungraded
Union City, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,104

Posted March 15, 2012
I for starters along with many other parent think this school is a disgrace! Although there are some good teachers who actually enjoy what they do and helping the kids I must say that the administrative staff doesnt quite feel the same! They are rude and unhelpful they always have attitudes and favor certain parents and students also they always have excuses and can never answer a question honestly. My child was suppose to get extra help with reading and it was never issued to her when asked about it i got the run around or how my neice is in a resourse class and they put a teacher who has no patience with children and also shouldnt be an aide yet they found her worthy enough to be in such an attention seeking class if asked would i recommend this school to another my answer would be no it is unorganized and ridiculous looking to change my daughter and neices school for the upcoming year!

Thomas A. Edison Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2010
In our case, the school is our pre-k teacher. She is great and really take care of our kid.

Posted November 15, 2007
I am a teacher and can't wait to leave. The school leaderships is horrible. I am embarrassed to say I work here.

Posted February 16, 2006
Very good school, pays special attention to each student's needs, and definately very educational.

Posted April 07, 2005
The administration is unhelpful. The teachers do not emphasis English as a primary language. Overall I find the staff unwilling to supply information.

Posted October 21, 2004
I love this school my chld was there since k-7 grade because we moved but she's been in 4 different schools and this was the one she best liked and didnt get in trouble! She had good communication with her teachers and the principal is just all so nice. He really does his job well. I would recomend this school to everyone and even though my daughter plays for a different school she still says 'go rams'

Posted September 11, 2004
This is a great school for your child. From kindergarden to eighth grade, they are all well educated students. The schools has 2 school yards, a cafeteria, and a pool. There are over 2,000 kids in the school so your child won't be lonely.

Thomas A. Edison Elementary School
507 West St, Union City, NJ  07087
Last modified Thomas A. Edison Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas A. Edison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top