Union City, NJ

Posted May 31, 2014
SFA is such an Amazing school! We couldn't be happier with our sons development both academically as well as socially. The principal is what every parent wants in leadership and the teachers go above & beyond for each student. The Sisters add the perfect touch to heart of the school. My son is ahead of friends in public school and he is a lot more disciplined as well, we have SFA to thank for that! We've been here for 5 years and we couldn't be happier. We are all proud to call SFA our home. One thing I wish it was a bit more tech savvy. They can update the website a bit more and maybe add teachers pages etc to find out what each grade is up to and the like. Would be nice to see homework posted in the rare occasion a child forgets his pad. I've seen other school websites with teachers pages and like the idea, But that is minor flaw ;-) THANK YOU SFA for all that you do.

St Francis Academy 1

Posted July 23, 2013
Considering this is suppose to be a Catholic school , pne would presume that it would welcome all of God's children. As well , I would say that the school's mission statement or / principal's letter statement which states that their staff recognizes the individuality of every child and strives to encourage self-esteem based upon concrete achievement and progress and that they develop and nurture the unique talents of each child is totally a bogus statement. I would sincerely state that they have a very selective characteristic of choosing only certain students to be registered at St Francis. They do not accept al of God's children, especially if the child may need extra help or may be more challenge able education wise. Experience based upon registering and evaluation. Mission statement should be changed. Submitted by a parent

Posted January 07, 2013
Wonderful school. Focus in academic and religious values!! The teachers and Ms Savage are excellent!! I am very happy and thankful that my son is in SFA.

Posted April 27, 2010
Best investment ever made! My daughter is in Pre-k and already showing signs of improvement in her social skills. Pre-k and she can already ready, write, and has an outstanding verbal skills. Ms Savage is wonderful always around and knows each child by name very impressive.

Posted March 26, 2010
St. Francis is outstanding. Ms. Savage is a terrific principal--present, engaged and responsive. The Sisters add to all aspects of school life--prayer, worship, social and academic. There are over 10 sisters engaged in the life of the school. The faculty is smart, stable, experienced and dedicated to Catholic education and SFA. They work hard to challenge the students. Ample time is spent on the fundamentals of reading, writing and math. There are smaller sections for each of these areas. There are regular opportunities for worship and the sacraments. And the extracurricular program is beyond what one would expect in an elementary school. There is a band and instrumental instruction. Forensics, choir, basketball, karate and various academic bowls are all options for students. SFA models all that is good about Catholic education. The high school placement is excellent and students are well prepared to succeed beyond 8th grade. This is a school to be replicated.

Posted February 08, 2010
Our son has been going there for 2 years. The staff is really attentive and focused on what matters, his education.

St Francis Academy 4

Posted July 29, 2009

St Francis Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2009

Posted April 07, 2009
Congratulations on your Golden anniversary SFA! Let's have 50 more years of fine Franciscan education available for all in hudson county.

Posted February 15, 2009
My children came from another school that was not providing the appropriate curriculum. When I first came to SFA's Open House several years ago, there was no doubt in my mind that SFA was the right place for my children. Today, my children are excellent students. I can't ask for more. I have a child graduating next year and another in two years. I agree 100% with the last reviewer. Coming to SFA was the best decision I ever made. The principal, teachers, sisters, staff, and maintenance are top of the line. I am also a proud volunteer. I have been participating for many years and would encourage anyone who has the time to do so as well. It's not only a benefit to the school, it is a huge benefit to your children. The children truly look forward to your presence there. My children sure do! Disagree w/ 10/23/08 reviewer.

St Francis Academy