Union City, NJ

Posted August 08, 2014
Mother Seton is an outstanding and nurturing school. It is true to its mission. As a graduate, I can witness that Mother Seton shaped my life. The teachers not only taught me about faith, but lived it. Knowing that God loved me helped me to excel, not only in Mother Seton but throughout high school and college. Students usually do not return to their elementary school, but this is not so in Mother Seton. We value Miss McErlaine and thank her for all of the hours she listens to others and she shares her wisdom and guidance. All of the teachers are wonderful! I am so happy to have been a student there. Caritas Christi Urget Nos! The love of Christ Urges Us. May Mother Seton School continue to teach children about the love of God for another 100 years.

Posted June 25, 2014
Mother Seton School is the best Catholic School around. My children have all graduated and are excelling in High School and College. Mother Seton is a friendly school where all parents have open communication with every teacher. It is a private Catholic school and we do make sacrifices to pay tuition, we know that registering our children. The PRINCIPAL is outstanding. The teachers, principal, parents and kids all work to make OUR school the best it can be. If you are looking for a Great Catholic School, chose Mother Seton. If you are looking for a free ride, chose another option. We chose the greatest for our children and yes we have a tuition payment.

Mother Seton School 1

Posted June 14, 2014
This is the first and LAST year my child will attend. My wife was threatened by the schools PRINCIPLE to either come up with cash or my daughter will repeat kindergarten, days prior to graduation ceremony. Emails came flooding to me from my wife and she was in tears. I was denied their email address for documented correspondence and my wife was instructed to show up with over $400 CASH ONLY at a secured location. We're going to record the transaction... AVOID THIS SCHOOL!

Posted November 23, 2013
My Daughters love the school... The most important thing in a school is the Principal and Miss McElairne is very very good principal, know every parents by the last name and each student with name and last name . She love their children's . Second grande teacher is very good , she has great academic understands and she really work hard to do the best . Her personality is beautiful , very very patience with all kids. Mrs Rodriguez very good first teacher grade .. She has been teaching 1 grade for 20 years . She is very good teacher . So when I leave my kids there I feel very secure and they love each other like a big Family .

Posted October 20, 2012
Outstanding, Caring, Catholic School. Two of my older children have graduated Mother Seton and received scholarships to high school and one is now on a scholarship in a Catholic University. Our younger children still attend Mother Seton. Our mission as parents is to support our children in school. We were so thankful to find Mothet Seton, to have a principal that knows each child by name. What a gift!! All of the teachers are involved in doing sports and extra curriculum activities with the children. Thank You! In Mother Seton we are all working together, parents, faculty and principal making sure that our school remains active and productive. God is blessing us. For anyone to critize any part of our school shows us that you are not active in your child's education. In Mother Seton we solve situations with solutions. Parents are always welcomed into our school. What a blessing it is for us to be welcomed everyday into the lunch room. In most schools parents are kept away. Mothet Seton teaches faith for our children to be lifelong learners. My children have graduated and more will graduate. I am thankful !

Posted October 14, 2012
Excellent School. I have been a parent in Mother Seton for 14 years. My children were never out in the rain. The teachers are so caring and the principal addresses all needs of children and parents. I bring by children lunch everyday. It is a lie that 1 teacher is at lunch. Mother Seton School is one of the few schools that welcome parents at anytime into school. Parents cooperate with the school. My children all had Sr. Patricia as their kindergarten teacher. My oldest is now in a college preparatory high school in all honors program, there is not anything "slow" about that. I am thankful for the excellent academic and faith formation that my children receive in Mother Seton. Thank you teachers. Thank you Sr. Patricia for eating lunch everyday with your class in the cafeteria.

Mother Seton School 4

Posted September 28, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear that some parents are complaining about the academics at the school , but till today i have no problem in that field ,i see that this year there has been many changes and I'm very happy about that . To the parents that say or are complaining about the academics ,to you i say some kids need more help then others and maybe your taking this the wrong way but hay , look i have a son there that is not easy he needs lots of help and thanks to love and devotion that all the teachers have he is doing great ,if this was a public school they put him in a special class and not give him the chance that he needs to grow up , Thank God for Mother Seton School keep up the great work ! From a very Grateful parent .

Posted April 09, 2011
Mother Seton School has a reputation for educational excellence. It not oly educates students in high academic excellence, but teaches a fine faith based education. This cannot be provided by the Public School. The teachers are very caring and involved in all aspects of the school. I have been very happy with the education. My older children have gone on to honors programs in High School and College. My children received an education for life. As a parent I am very active in Mother Seton and proud to be a part of educating children within the Catholic Church.

Mother Seton School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
My daughter just finished preschool. She enjoyed her classes. They had homework every night. She had a different teacher for Gym, Art and Music class. They studied the alphabets, their sounds, numbers, days of the week and how to write their names, numbers & alphabets, just to name a few. Although, we didn't always see the Principal, the secretary was always on top of everything in the school. I wish there was a PTA. However, they do have parent volunteers at the school everyday, whether in the classrooms, lunch time or assisting the secretary.

Mother Seton School 1

Posted June 11, 2010
The academic program is not strong at all. Most the students who graduated from Mother Seton had difficulties in HS, in almost all of the subjects and especially in math. I had expected a higher excellence from a Catholic School; however, the Public School curriculum was much stronger.The Principal should have taken action and review their curriculum and make improvements. Hopefully improvements are in the horizon soon. Overall, I am quite disappointed.

Mother Seton School