9-12 & Ungraded
Union, NJ

Posted July 15, 2014
I am currently a sophomore at union high school and the environment is excellent i juts wish that Dr. Martin wouldn't be leaving us.

Posted October 26, 2013
My children enjoyed their time at UHS. They delved into the fields of art and music. They nor I can believe any of the negative sayings or feelings given by others. I so love Dr. Martin's old school beliefs regarding reading, writing, and arithmetic. No student should lra e school not knowing how to read. I enjoy the band, the orchestra, the jazz band, and the memorable plays. Other schools try to emulate UHS plays but I've not been impressed. May Dr. Martin, Ms Muller, Mr. Demetriou (to name a few) all stay around for a while because the students, parents and the Union community needed you

Union Senior High School 2

Posted April 08, 2013
I have no idea why my review was over-ridden. To keep it short, education was bad. Student body was not ambitious or driven, and had no respect for teachers and the appearance/reputation of the school. Pros: smart kids will benefit from lack of competition, get high weighted grades/class rankings, and ultimately go to good universities. Also, their extracurricular activities aren't so bad.

Union Senior High School 5

Posted October 07, 2012
I sent my son off freshman year with apprehension to Union High. He is now a senior and I feel the school system has been excellent. Many people are afraid of the diversity of this school system. If nothing else it has certainly added to his educational experience. I admit initially I was uncertain. The faculty, guidance counselors and the rest of the staff have been outstanding. This school has everything to offer you have to be willing to put the time and effort into it.

Posted May 09, 2012
I went to Union High School for three years and it was the most increable experince in my entire life the teachers weren't just teachers they were my friends and even though the school was labeled 'ghetto' everybody got along. I was really upset I had to go to Roselle Park High School I really wanted to finish up in UHS not only because I knew everyone and they knew me becasue really I had more acdedemic options and a wonderful 3 years I would give anything to finish my Senior year (2011) in UHS. Despite it's flawless.

Union Senior High School 1

Posted May 13, 2010
I am currently a senior at UHS. I must say within the past four years of my high school career this school has gone downhill. In 2006 this school was filled with various programs to help you build a successful future either through college or anything else. It valued its AP students, its C.A.S.T and Allied Health Programs and etc. However as the years progressed the school's environment decreased. Students from other townships entered and disturbed the traditionally values and the students of Union. There were more failures and less AP students. More bathroom restrictions and less privileges. In the end we've reached a point where electives and AP and Honors courses are being cut because there are not enough students taking these classes and too many kids have failed state tests. I am totally displeased with the current and future states of the school.

Union Senior High School 1

Posted May 11, 2009

Union Senior High School 5

Posted March 02, 2009
I am currently a senior attending Union High School and have witnessed the changes over the years. I find my high school experience extremely enriching. This mainly correlates with the fact that I have had honors and AP classes all my life. Senior year there were not many courses that I was interested in that were honors or AP so I opted to take 'regular' classes for a change. Some teachers spoon-feed their students more than others, which can be a good and bad thing. Union High School also offers a competitive JROTC program, athletics, clubs and PAC. I have participated in most of them and students that do not get involved really miss out. I do, however, realize that the administration is not always at its best. My year, class of 2009, has experienced the most changes when it comes to UHS protocol.

Posted February 26, 2009
As a junior, I went to one of the best schools in Henrico County,Virginia (Godwin High School) and moved to Jersey and went to this school. At first it was a BIG culture shock because the school was so diverse and my old school was mostly white, but that is why i loved it so much. Academics here are a joke, atleast compared to my old school. The school is kind of 'ghetto', i have never been to a school where there was atleast 2 fights per week, and i have never been to a school where ceilings are falling because they are leaking ! All in all, i loved my experience here. The teachers were so nice and helpful ! I recently moved back to VA and really wish i could have stayed because i loved it here so much

Union Senior High School 0

Posted February 25, 2009
I am currently a sophomore in Union High and I have to say, despite a few derelicts, this is a very good school. The teachers actually do challenge you, even in remedial classes (from what I have heard.) This school offers a wide variety of electives and advanced placement classes, some of which will give college credits at both UCC and Seton Hall. While this school is known for its JROTC program and we are the number one unit in the state, we are no longer the number 1 drill team. Rahway high has the best... My only real complaint is the ceiling. It is leaking and the school board refuses to repair it.

Union Senior High School
2350 North Third Street, Union, NJ  07083
Last modified Union Senior High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top