PK-5 & Ungraded
Upper Montclair, NJ

Bradford School 3

Posted March 03, 2014
This school is highly overrated. The teacher quality goes from extremely high to extremely low. Those who are on the low end lack pedagogical skills and probably should not work with kids at all. The principal builds the school ratings with a lot of "sweet talk" and only takes actions if it fits her personal interests. Be aware that all positive comments are mostly in January to February time frame. Right on time for the parents of prospective kindergarteners who look for school reviews.

Posted December 13, 2013
Our son graduated from Bradford. We were more anxious than he was about sending him out into the big World to for Kindergarden, but we were quickly put at ease. His time spent here being nurtured and developed was truly magical, and he scores in the top 2 percentile now in Middle School; Our daughter attends now (she could to wait to go to the school her big brother went to), and we could not be more satisfied or impressed with the experience.

Posted January 02, 2013
Our family has been at Bradford for 5 years now, with 2 children currently enrolled. Our experience has been fantastic. We have been very happy with the teachers and administration, especially the principal, who does an excellent job running the school. Our children have had a great educational experience - teachers have tailored the learning program to their needs and abilities and have kept our kids engaged and happy. The school is one of the smaller ones in the district, and has a very tight knit, active community of families. If there is a downside, it is that due to the small size of the school, Bradford does not have as much variety in music, arts and language as the largest elementary schools in the district. But we are extremely happy with the sense of community at the school and feel lucky to have such a great resource available to our family.

Posted January 18, 2012
Bradford school has blown me away with their caring attitude towards every single child. The principal is the best have ever come across and I'm a tough customer to please. I feel confident that I can raise any issue with either my child's teachers or the principal and it will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately. The education standards are very good also, right balance between striving for excellent standards and treating every child as an individual. Homework levels are just right - enough for them to work hard but not so much that it becomes stressful. Well done Bradford, we looked at ALOT of schools before choosing you and we are SO happy.

Posted March 21, 2011
This is a truly wonderful school, and the staff and principal are fantastic. Whenever the slightest issue has arisen, they've been very responsive. Our daughter's kindergarten teacher is incredibly creative, and she's had a truly amazing experience.

Posted May 10, 2010
I love Bradford because there is always a feeling that everyone is cooperating to meet the needs of the children and to give them the best education possible.

Posted May 10, 2010
Bradford is providing my child with a great education, as well as a fabulous sense of community.....it has been a joyous place for her to foster her love of learning.

Posted May 10, 2010
We moved to Montclair at the beginning of the school year and were immediately welcomed by the parents and the children. I continue to be in impressed by the real sense of community found at this elementary school. I feel confident sending my daughter off to school each morning that she will be surrounded by caring teachers, staff and peers.

Posted May 10, 2010
Bradford has provided a fabulous and nurturing learning environment for my daughter. The principal leads by example in treating each child as an individual, and the teachers have been encouraging, interesting, well-rounded, and dedicated to providing a caring and challenging environment.

Posted May 10, 2010
We love Bradford! It offers a warm, nurturing environment. From the principal to the teachers to the parents, there is a real sense of caring and community. My daughter has had an excellent first year there and has learned a ton!

Bradford School
87 Mt Hebron Rd, Upper Montclair, NJ  07042
Last modified Bradford School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bradford School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top