K-5 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Northeast Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2014
Great teachers, great parent and student community, very active PTA that gets things done. The art teacher, Mr. Larrea, is a gift to be cherished! I would give it 5 stars but the principal is sub-par. When a better principal is hired, this school will be A++++

Northeast Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
yes, the school is more or less traditional. you will have to work on extracting value from the teachers, but that should be everywhere. The kids love their school and I feel there is a community

Northeast Elementary School 3

Posted January 25, 2014
Northeast Is a disappointing flop. My child's kindergarten experience was exceptional and we were very excited about her future at NE. Then came first grade... I don't think I have adequate words to describe the new year. Very disappointing. Like the review below, the school really lacks creativity.

Northeast Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2013
Dr. Putrino was the principle for 3 years until 2013. He was horrible. Political. All he cares about is his "respect" campaign. Does not take best interest of the students. Glad he is gone. Too bad for Glenfield.

Northeast Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
Badly managed school. Good reviews below are from old principal, new one is not the same.

Northeast Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2012
Our son is now in First Grade at Northeast. He had a great Kindergarten teacher but his teacher this year is awful and we are disappointed. The school lacks creativity. It is very traditional and dry. Our son comes home with word searches and crossword puzzles almost daily. The school lacks a sense of community and there is no community service or any 'giving back to the community' at all. The school focuses on competition. My son has a spelling test every Friday.. I do not know of any other elementary school that does this. Also , I don't believe there is a science curriculum. If there is, it is taught from a text book. never by anything hands on, no interesting experiments. My son hasn't done anything hands on at all this year in any subject at school. The only 'creative' things he brings home are pictures he has made on white paper with crayons. The school is failing our child.

Northeast Elementary School

Posted September 28, 2009
My daughter and I couldn't be happier with this wonderful school. When we relocated to Northeast last spring, teachers and office staff worked with us to make the mid year transition easy. I'm truly impressed with the curriculum. And it is extraordinarily helpful to have before and after care in the same building as well as great school sponsored learning programs. We're so lucky to be there.

Posted February 03, 2009
My child started kindergarten fall of 2009 and so far it's been a great experience. The primary teacher is awesome. She immediately picked up on his abilities in reading and math and enrolled him into advanced classes for both. The global studies emphasis is great. The PTA are great fund-raisers and really contribute to the school. Art, Music, Spanish, Computer,and Gym classes are all there. The Library and computer lab are great! Extra-curricular activites, too. This school has it all!

Posted August 25, 2008
Teachers are deeply dedicated and have been a significant positive influence on my daughter. In addition, the participation by so many parents has added an additional facet to my child's education. This is a great school.

Posted May 07, 2008
This school is fantastic! My son is in K and we love his teacher. She has challenged him and really helped him to reach his full potential.

Northeast Elementary School
603 Grove St, Upper Montclair, NJ  07042
Last modified Northeast Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.