PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It depends, because every year could be different with regards to the staff. Teachers are very strict at OLL but it can benefit kids in many ways as they prepare to take the next level.

Develops character: Agree

Yes, it is a catholic environment which develops many other things for students besides just honesty, integrity and fairness.

OLL is a very well organized elementary school that teaches young kids about respect and unity. Sister Mary Agnes has been the Principal for many years now and does a great job molding young kids into young adults. OLL prepares kids for high school in a way that most public schools do not.

Our Lady of the Lake is an academically enriching environment. Expectations--both academic and behavioral-- are set very high. The class sizes are intimate so as to allow more teacher student interaction. My children have thrived in the school and have formed what I know will be longlasting friendships.

OLL Rocks! As a single mom of two girls I couldn't ask for a better place for my kids to be educated - in God and academics. My older daughter is graduating from high school and just said the other day how great it was at OLL. My other daughter is in 7th grade and is dreading graduating next year. She has flourished academically, made life long friends and has enjoyed the sports program. It is like one big happy family at OLL. It takes a village to raise your kids and OLL is the best village possible both spiritually and academically. Sincerely, Nancy Leonard

OLL is a great school. Parents and teachers are engaged and involved and all work together to make sure every child gets a good education. The principal as well as the entire teaching and administrative staff are caring and dedicated. I have a son nearing the end of his third year at the school and I have nothing but good things to say about it. My son is happy and engaged and has made some great friends. Highly recommend this school.

OLL is the absolute best place for my children! The faculty is caring and compassionate. Academically, my children are well-prepared and continuously challenged. Emotionally, my children are given the space the need to grow and mature. They are held accountable in age-appropriate ways and are taught responsibility and compassion. The teachers and staff at OLL put the well-being of the students at the forefront of all conversations and decisions. This is a school that cares about the whole child, the whole family. I have not second guessed my decision to send my children to OLL for one second.

Our Lady of the Lake has been a wonderful choice for our family. The faculty is very caring and devoted to staying current and competitive. Many students go on to great high schools and routinely make the honor rolls at their new schools. Our child has blossomed with the individualized attention and has gained useful experience in forensics and sports. The school stays current with technology and is not afraid to talk about character and values. Our child has developed great study skills, good values and a super work ethic. We view the school as an oasis in a world where children are asked to be adults all too soon. As for the bullying mentioned by another reviewer, the only bully we knew about was asked to leave. These types of issues are taken very seriously and are addressed fairly and sensitively.

Our Lady of the Lake has a major bullying problem throughout the school. The principal tends to protect the perpetrator while blaming the victim and does not follow any of her policies and procedures, in her hand book, that pertains to bullying and she doesn t have to. Private schools, unlike public school, do not have to follow the established anti-bullying laws. The principal has no ability to address conflict at the school, which is a core skill of any good administrator. This has led to an out of control bullying problem, in multiple grades, at Our Lady of the Lake School. The school has lost many good families because of this. It is such a shame because this Catholic school should be teaching respect and the Golden Rule instead kids have to learn how to protect themselves. In addition, Our Lady of the Lake is academically behind the local public schools, even with their Blue Ribbon Award. There are several good teachers at Our Lady of the Lake, however there are many substandard teachers that are hired back yearly.

Sister Mary Agnes runs this Blue Ribbon Elementary school with great love and concern for every child. The faculty challenges the students to excel in academics and as Christians and much is expected of them in both regards. As an educator and parent of two college students, I have seen Catholic education up close and it is not always what it should be. My daughter's experience at Lake was a very positive one and it prepared her very well academically for high school and college in ways that her two prior catholic elementary schools did not. Highly recommended.

Last modified Our Lady Of The Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8