Posted May 22, 2015
OLL Rocks! As a single mom of two girls I couldn't ask for a better place for my kids to be educated - in God and academics. My older daughter is graduating from high school and just said the other day how great it was at OLL. My other daughter is in 7th grade and is dreading graduating next year. She has flourished academically, made life long friends and has enjoyed the sports program. It is like one big happy family at OLL. It takes a village to raise your kids and OLL is the best village possible both spiritually and academically. Sincerely, Nancy Leonard

Posted April 10, 2015
OLL is a great school. Parents and teachers are engaged and involved and all work together to make sure every child gets a good education. The principal as well as the entire teaching and administrative staff are caring and dedicated. I have a son nearing the end of his third year at the school and I have nothing but good things to say about it. My son is happy and engaged and has made some great friends. Highly recommend this school.

Posted February 19, 2015
OLL is the absolute best place for my children! The faculty is caring and compassionate. Academically, my children are well-prepared and continuously challenged. Emotionally, my children are given the space the need to grow and mature. They are held accountable in age-appropriate ways and are taught responsibility and compassion. The teachers and staff at OLL put the well-being of the students at the forefront of all conversations and decisions. This is a school that cares about the whole child, the whole family. I have not second guessed my decision to send my children to OLL for one second.

Posted December 28, 2014
Our Lady of the Lake has been a wonderful choice for our family. The faculty is very caring and devoted to staying current and competitive. Many students go on to great high schools and routinely make the honor rolls at their new schools. Our child has blossomed with the individualized attention and has gained useful experience in forensics and sports. The school stays current with technology and is not afraid to talk about character and values. Our child has developed great study skills, good values and a super work ethic. We view the school as an oasis in a world where children are asked to be adults all too soon. As for the bullying mentioned by another reviewer, the only bully we knew about was asked to leave. These types of issues are taken very seriously and are addressed fairly and sensitively.

Our Lady Of The Lake School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
Our Lady of the Lake has a major bullying problem throughout the school. The principal tends to protect the perpetrator while blaming the victim and does not follow any of her policies and procedures, in her hand book, that pertains to bullying and she doesn t have to. Private schools, unlike public school, do not have to follow the established anti-bullying laws. The principal has no ability to address conflict at the school, which is a core skill of any good administrator. This has led to an out of control bullying problem, in multiple grades, at Our Lady of the Lake School. The school has lost many good families because of this. It is such a shame because this Catholic school should be teaching respect and the Golden Rule instead kids have to learn how to protect themselves. In addition, Our Lady of the Lake is academically behind the local public schools, even with their Blue Ribbon Award. There are several good teachers at Our Lady of the Lake, however there are many substandard teachers that are hired back yearly.

Posted December 29, 2013
Sister Mary Agnes runs this Blue Ribbon Elementary school with great love and concern for every child. The faculty challenges the students to excel in academics and as Christians and much is expected of them in both regards. As an educator and parent of two college students, I have seen Catholic education up close and it is not always what it should be. My daughter's experience at Lake was a very positive one and it prepared her very well academically for high school and college in ways that her two prior catholic elementary schools did not. Highly recommended.

Posted March 21, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten at OLL and we are very happy. It's a wonderful community of children, parents and teachers. The curriculum is very traditional with a heavy focus on Reading, Writing and Math which works well for us. My son is reading and writing beautifully just half way through Kindergarten. I am especially impressed at how well behaved and respectful the older children are to parents and the younger children. Great school.

Posted January 18, 2013
Great school. My son was in PreK-3, now in PreK-4. Enrichment program is amazing. I see how much my son can learn. Wonderful and caring teachers. I recommend any parent to send their kids to this school. I am glad I did. A+

Our Lady Of The Lake School 4

Posted May 22, 2012
First the positives. Sister Mary Agnes, the principle, is a tireless worker 100% committed to the children in her care. Parents are tremendously involved in this school and it has a good community feel too it. Teachers in the lower grades are all excellent, your child will get a very good start in life should you chose to send them to O.L.L. The children attending O.L.L. are a wonderful group also. Now the negatives. Fourth grade lets O.L.L.. Unfortunately, fourth grade is a very important grade. I lost count of the number of times my child came home with homework she hadn't been shown how to do. The teacher seemed content to just hand out assignments. You will find yourself teaching you child most nights. I contemplated going to see the principle to discuss this situation but, after talking with other parents, I learned that others had done so in the past to no avail. The gym teacher is the usual gym teacher type who plays favorites. The Jocks are addressed by their Christian names while those perceived to be less athletic are called upon by their Surnames. I guess you get that everywhere though?

Posted March 31, 2011
OLL is a wonderful school for your children to grow in. The teachers are all excellent, love what they do and are committed to the success of your child. OLL is Blue Ribbon eligible this year, which speaks to the academic success that is achieved there. The computer labs have all been updated. The lunch program has been changed and now offers daily lunch from various local eateries. I can't say enough about OLL. I thank my lucky stars everyday that my children can attend this school!!

Our Lady Of The Lake School
26 Lakeside Avenue, Verona, NJ  07044
Last modified Our Lady Of The Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of The Lake School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top