Our Lady Of The Lake School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
Our Lady of the Lake has a major bullying problem throughout the school. The principal tends to protect the perpetrator while blaming the victim and does not follow any of her policies and procedures, in her hand book, that pertains to bullying and she doesn t have to. Private schools, unlike public school, do not have to follow the established anti-bullying laws. The principal has no ability to address conflict at the school, which is a core skill of any good administrator. This has led to an out of control bullying problem, in multiple grades, at Our Lady of the Lake School. The school has lost many good families because of this. It is such a shame because this Catholic school should be teaching respect and the Golden Rule instead kids have to learn how to protect themselves. In addition, Our Lady of the Lake is academically behind the local public schools, even with their Blue Ribbon Award. There are several good teachers at Our Lady of the Lake, however there are many substandard teachers that are hired back yearly.

Posted December 29, 2013
Sister Mary Agnes runs this Blue Ribbon Elementary school with great love and concern for every child. The faculty challenges the students to excel in academics and as Christians and much is expected of them in both regards. As an educator and parent of two college students, I have seen Catholic education up close and it is not always what it should be. My daughter's experience at Lake was a very positive one and it prepared her very well academically for high school and college in ways that her two prior catholic elementary schools did not. Highly recommended.

Posted March 21, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten at OLL and we are very happy. It's a wonderful community of children, parents and teachers. The curriculum is very traditional with a heavy focus on Reading, Writing and Math which works well for us. My son is reading and writing beautifully just half way through Kindergarten. I am especially impressed at how well behaved and respectful the older children are to parents and the younger children. Great school.

Posted January 18, 2013
Great school. My son was in PreK-3, now in PreK-4. Enrichment program is amazing. I see how much my son can learn. Wonderful and caring teachers. I recommend any parent to send their kids to this school. I am glad I did. A+

Our Lady Of The Lake School 4

Posted May 22, 2012
First the positives. Sister Mary Agnes, the principle, is a tireless worker 100% committed to the children in her care. Parents are tremendously involved in this school and it has a good community feel too it. Teachers in the lower grades are all excellent, your child will get a very good start in life should you chose to send them to O.L.L. The children attending O.L.L. are a wonderful group also. Now the negatives. Fourth grade lets O.L.L.. Unfortunately, fourth grade is a very important grade. I lost count of the number of times my child came home with homework she hadn't been shown how to do. The teacher seemed content to just hand out assignments. You will find yourself teaching you child most nights. I contemplated going to see the principle to discuss this situation but, after talking with other parents, I learned that others had done so in the past to no avail. The gym teacher is the usual gym teacher type who plays favorites. The Jocks are addressed by their Christian names while those perceived to be less athletic are called upon by their Surnames. I guess you get that everywhere though?

Posted March 31, 2011
OLL is a wonderful school for your children to grow in. The teachers are all excellent, love what they do and are committed to the success of your child. OLL is Blue Ribbon eligible this year, which speaks to the academic success that is achieved there. The computer labs have all been updated. The lunch program has been changed and now offers daily lunch from various local eateries. I can't say enough about OLL. I thank my lucky stars everyday that my children can attend this school!!

Posted October 14, 2009
Iam a parent,whose daughter graduated@ OLL School --- I recommend this school because of so many reasons---the teachers are great and really hardworking and the Principal works hand in hand w/ the parents and teachers.I am so proud of this school.My high expectations were met.

Posted June 24, 2009
Our Lady of the Lake Pre school have a hugh variety of options for 3 and 4 year olds. There is the academic pre school hours, lunch bunch hour and the enrichment program. My grandchild could go from 2 half days a week to 5 full days a week. The staff is friendly, competent, nuturing and qualified.

Our Lady Of The Lake School 2

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted August 10, 2007
I'm a student at O.L.L, and I love it! The only problem with this school is the lunch program. All of the teachers are great, and helpful. Well, I have only had problems with one teacher.

Our Lady Of The Lake School
26 Lakeside Avenue, Verona, NJ  07044
Last modified Our Lady Of The Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of The Lake School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top