Vineland, NJ

Posted May 13, 2015
St. Mary's is no doubt the best in south jersey! The education is beyond compatible and prepares the students well to succeed in high school and beyond. More importantly is the role faith plays in the school. Faith is incorporated into each and every day and activity and ensures the students understand the importance of God in their lives. This school is truly a community in and of itself and I would highly recommend this school as the best choice for parents seeking a faith based and well rounded education!

Posted May 13, 2015
St. Marys from an educational standpoint was very disappointing. If your looking to give your child a solid foundation to apply to the rigors of high school, you are not going to get that type of education here. What is more disappointing than a mediocre education is the lack of Christianity in the school. Providing a safe, secure and trusting learning environment enveloped in Catholicism is everything I wanted in my children's school and that is everything that St. Mary's is not. This school is missing the mark terribly.

Posted May 13, 2015
As a perspective parent looking for the best school for my child, I am happy I checked the reviews listed here. Much of what I heard about the school is echoed here. Most of my friends who send their children to this school say it's okay but.... and their is a lot of complaining. Some of these parents are teachers, so that has me thinking, too!! It looks like the reviews are from one extreme to the other, leading me to believe their is a lot of controversy going on. I know sometimes with small schools, it can be a little cliquey. Kinda sounds like there are some real underlining problems that are going on. :/ -submitted by perspective parent

Posted May 08, 2015
Just wanted to say how happy I am to know that Miss Marianne teaches at Saint Mary School in the Pre-School. I can honestly say that to this day she remains foremost in my son's heart. She is the most personable teacher I know and makes kids feel special, and parents feel secure, every day She is the reason we sent our son to St. Mary's. Have a GREAT summer and thank you for your dedication.

St Marys Regional School 4

Posted May 08, 2015
I am a former parent and volunteer for St. Mary School. My children and I were part of a family and formed life-long friendships. St. Mary's gave my children a sound education that formed them into kind, caring and thoughtful young adults. I am please with the foundation they received at St. Mary's and am grateful for the experience.

Posted April 14, 2015
I have no doubt that St. Mary School is the best choice for my children to provide them with a Catholic faith based education. I attended St. Mary's, as well as my oldest daughter and have two children currently enrolled. I wanted my children to receive the same strong foundation of faith in their education to prepare them for their future. I have always felt it not only provides an excellent education but a warm, family environment with caring administration.

Posted November 13, 2014
I am a huge supporter of Catholic Schools, but it is really hard to support this one. I have to agree with the other posts, the math(regular 6th-8th) teacher ruins it for the whole school. I dont believe she understands it well enough to teach it. With so many students not understanding the material, where are the observations of the class to ensure the teacher is conveying the material in its entirety? Half taught lessons, with poor class instruction, and a principal who refuses to address the problem. I would strongly recommend to any perspective parent to ask the Principal for the Math grades (without student names) or Iowa Test Scores in Math. Again I am speaking about the Regular Math Teacher. I am positive that this information would be proudly given to you if they were boastworthly scores.

Posted October 21, 2014
This school is has a significant concern that cannot be ignored. The math program for grades 6th through 8th is below standard for the regular math class. The instruction is so poor that you will need to teach your child or find a tutor to do so. Numerous parents have brought this to the attention of the principal with no avail. This is a pivotal concern because math is not a subject you can be lax in. A strong math program is a must and you just wont get it here, unless your child is in the advanced math. A huge problem in my eyes and a costly one for me as a parent and one that a "world class" school should do something about. Would not recommend this school because of it, sorry. In respect to the other subjects, it is up to par.

Posted August 29, 2014
A sad & disappointing experience! My son attended from preK4-grade5. It was wonderful under Sr. Margret's days as principal. Once in 3rd grade there was a dramatic difference! A once bubbly & happy boy, that enjoyed school, now hates it. They are ill equipped to handle children that need extra help, but will not tell you that. Allowing & encouraging you to spend extra money on top of tuition for tutors and supplemental education. There most definitely is an issue with bullying in the school that will not be addressed if the child comes from a family that is well-liked and donate to the school. There are a handful of wonderful women that teach/aide there. The best interest of my child was not taken to heart and it was very obvious to not just me, but most people I talk to about my situations there. Part of the reason my child was sent there was to get a religious education and sadly all he really learned about was hypocrisy. The school is only good for families who have been involved with it over a number of years or who are willing to open their wallets and dig deep. This was not a life lesson I wanted my child to really learn at such a young age. Submitted by a parent

Posted May 11, 2014
This school is great, if your family is rich and you are willing to make contributions, but for the average child it is no walk in the park. Children who are not from privileged families are targeted and bullied and then disciplined for being victimized. The school does nothing to correct the behavior of the "privileged" students. It seems they are more concerned with losing donations then they are with protecting the innocent. My child has attended St. Mary's for 6 years. The past 2 years have been an absolute nightmare. I sent my child here because I believed it was a safer, more structured environment and they would teach good religious morals. Unfortunately, all he's learned is that rich kids don't have to play by the same rules and that life's not fair.

St Marys Regional School
735 South Union Road, Vineland, NJ  08360
Last modified St Marys Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Marys Regional School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top