PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The Elliso School has been an amazing experience for our children who are about to enter their third year. My oldest is entering second grade and has been reading "The Chronicles of Narnia" and is excelling academically thanks to the fantastic teachers and learning environment provided over the last two year. My youngest who will be entering Pre-K 4 is also excelling and maturing rapidly. The staff is caring and know all of the children by name. The school welcomes parent involvement and encourages amazing projects like a weather balloon launch to near space. I am to give my absolute highest recommendation without any reservation to anyone who has a child ages 2 to eighth grade. Pick Ellison, you won't regret it!

everything about it is great the principal knows every student on a personal level. The classes are so small that the teachers can easily pinpoint what a student needs to work on, all in a safe environment, Each class is like a family and they are often sad when they leave

I have three children in Ellison. I can't believe how good the education is. Comparably good schools usually cost twice as much. My children feel like they belong in a family. Every day they are excited to go to class. They are far ahead of their peers in public school or catholic school. My 7 yr old is reading at the 6th grade level, and my 11 yr old is reading highschool level and doing algebra! The new kids who join Ellison seem to be accepted easily into their peer group and to get up to speed academically rather rapidly. I do not know what some of the negative comments are all about. They seem very bizarre and not in touch with reality. I mean security? Anyone who visits the school just once will understand how good their security is.

Ellison is not a very good school. The academics are not the best. The security is not very high. I would recommend, that if you have kids in Ellison, to pull them out as soon as possible. My son wasn't having a very good time there, and now that he's in another school, he's doing much better. His grades have gone up, and he's having a better time there than he ever did at hellison.

With 16 security cameras and a swipe card entrance, security is amazing. The new facility is technologically advanced and gorgeous. The teachers and students love it. Ellison is better than ever and an excellent choice for any child in Pre-K - 8th grade.

not great with poor security. wouldn't recommend it...

Ellison was a great school when my child was very young. To say the least we have transferred to another private school in the area. Over the past several years the school has changed drastically. The caring, loving, and high academic standards are no longer a part of the Ellison Family. Upon transferring my child, we found that Ellison lacked in teaching proper spelling, english, handwriting, and math. With much work, my child is now at the top of the class at the new school. I would not recommend Ellison for a child over 5th grade. Once the transition to the Upper School occurs, the child suffers. The whole atmosphere of the school is not what it use to be. The greed for money has consumed the staff, and entire school atmosphere. My child is much happier at the new school.

Last modified The Ellison School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8