Posted August 27, 2013
We moved to Voorhees, as my husband got a job in the town. Before moving, our main concern was our kids education. We researched on the high school as my daughter was entering in high. We found the Eastern High School's ratings very good. Frankly, as my daughter started in the school, slowly and gradually, we came to know wonderful things about the school. I liked the idea to select your own honors subjects at the high school. If the student has capabilities, they can select honors from the very beginning. The teachers are exceptionally doing great job to encourage more and more students to work hard and move forward. Each student is given excellent support by the teachers and counselors. With regards to the extra curricular activities, school has loads of such. Even it was very last moment admission, my daughter was given all the possible options to select extra curricular activities she would like to get in. She selected "Drumline". The training for the drumline was regorous. The instructors worked very hard. As a result of the same, the school won 1st position in its level. In the end I want to say, that "East or West - Eatern High is the Best."

Posted June 26, 2013
My school is one of the best schools in America, I love the teachers and the sports they do offer at Eastern

Posted April 07, 2013
As an Eastern alumni and young professional I can't thank my Eastern enough for helping develop me into the person I am today. I had a great relationship with most of my teachers and appreciate the time they dedicated to my education (as well as some laughs shared during and after class). My best life example showcasing the excellence of Eastern showed itself during my freshman year of college. I found that I was much more competent than my peers at completing tasks and adhering to standard submission based standards like MLA formatting and technology/multimedia presentations (I was NOT an honor student while attending Eastern).

Posted February 03, 2013
I was a student here and my experience at this school was not pleasant. There is a lot of bullying in this school and there needs to be more teachers in the hallways to monitor what students are doing. in addition, the school is extremely overcrowded. some teachers at eastern are not flexible in their teaching and act almost as immature as the students.

Eastern High School 1

Posted December 22, 2010
horrible school. they try to make all kids the best and smartest but just arent cut for doing it. the staff is horrible and the kids in this school arent intelligent at all also sports is one of the worst things in this school

Posted July 24, 2010
Only focus is on kids who PLAN on attending college. No 'basic' curriculum, all 'accelerated' and 'honors'. In my opinion, this sets kids who are not as highly skilled, up for failure. Classrooms are overcrowded. Has excessive amount of administration when there should be more teachers.

Eastern High School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
As a parent of a freshman, i find that there are many teachers who cannot teach their subject matter and should not be teaching. the administratiion is unresponsive to parent requests to have these teachers observed and mentored. also, there have been many fights (girls) in the hallway . i didn't expect this .

Posted June 17, 2009
I currently have a student in the school and one that graduated a few years ago. My experience has been that there are some teachers and staff that know how to do things one way and do not adapt to student needs or situations. Flexibility does not see to be their strong suite. If you are the best of the best this is probably an ok school. Some where in the middle you might be in trouble.

Eastern High School 3

Posted June 16, 2009
Some teachers are terrible at what they do. Just go through the day and dont care about how well they teach. Others are to picky and are teaching a honors level english at the same pace as a accelerated english. They teach part of a lesson and then on tests and quzes will have part of a lesson that they never tought on the quize. This is not all the teachers but i would say 30% are like this.

Eastern High School 0

Posted August 19, 2008
I just graduated within the last few years from this school and it wasn't a positive experience to say the least. Even in honors level courses, the teachers do not teach. The administration decides to punish some students for minor infractions and to not punish other students who cause a lot more trouble. So disappointing to have a school like this in this kind of community.

Eastern High School
1401 Laurel Oak Road, Voorhees, NJ  08043
Last modified Eastern High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top