PK-5 & Ungraded
W Orange, NJ

Pleasantdale Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2014
Please listen if you ask too many question about the quality of your child's education and it erks the teacher your child will suffer. I wholeheartly agree with the other parent that stated they do not nor neither want to deal with the diversity of the school. It's integrated segregation at this school so BEWARE!! Learn your child's teacher early and if you detect the slightest problem pull your child out.

Posted September 01, 2014
Pleasantdale has the kindest and most caring group of teachers in town. Dr. Pollara has set a tone and an environment that all students are nurtured and cared for in a safe place. Pleasantdales principal has a doctorate in education with an emphasizes on special needs. We feel blessed to have such an amazing administrator and friend. By all accounts Pleasantdale is the best kept secret in town, with a rich cultural diversity. We couldn't be happier as a new family to the district.

Pleasantdale Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
There is simply NO WAY this school could possib;y be considered higher than the 4 that it received last year from Great Schools. The administration and teachers are in no way representative of the diverse culture that is West Orange, NJ. The principal is well past her prime when it comes to dealing with minority students and has no idea how to handle talent. We pulled our child and moved him into a much better school. It is too bad.. the people of West Orange, NJ deserve better.

Posted September 26, 2013
My school is very good place with lovely teachers and stuf that always are caring for the students .

Posted September 26, 2013
MY school is very nice place to study, lovely teachers ,the kids love it !!!.........

Posted July 09, 2012
Great school in an awesome district. Teachers couldn't be more caring and supportive of individual student needs.

Posted March 25, 2012
We came to Pleasantdale two years ago. My daughter was entering first grade. She was a year behind all the other kids because the school she attended in Kindergarten was so bad. She could barely read and write. Her first grade teacher (Ms.Carsillo) and supporting staff worked wonders with her. By the end of first grade she had caught up and was were she needed to be academically. She is now in second grade and is excelling! She loves reading and is above average in Math. The teachers here are amazing. They are a tight knit group that put their kids first. I don't know if she would be where she is now if it had not been for the excellent skills and support she received.I am a volunteer at the school and I am at the school constantly. As an insider I can say that you couldn't ask for more in an elementary school, especially with Ms. Pollara leading the school as principle. As far as the 2009 posting about lack of parent involvement, I agree that had been the case when I entered in 2010, however I feel the tide changing. Within the last year there have been more events and ways for parents to be involved with the school and they are responding and taking part.

Posted November 28, 2011
My son started in kindergarten this year. I have so far been thoroughly pleased with Pleasantdale Elementary. The teachers are fantastic, the environmnent is nurturing and there is a clear sense of caring and community. My son is academically challenged to an appropriate level. He is excited about learning new things and has a positive attitude toward school. I'm impressed by the level of work the kindergarten students are doing. The curriculum seems well thought out and coordinated and well executed. The relative new principal, Ms. Pollara, is doing a great job with the school and the student body. I'm very grateful to have my son attend this school.

Pleasantdale Elementary School 4

Posted December 22, 2009

Posted November 08, 2009
I believe Pleasantdale is the best kept secret in West Orange. I have 2 children presently in the school (1st and 5th grade). They have both been challenged since their first day of school. The teachers are the heart and soul of this school. Pleasantdale is recognized mostly for it's phenomenal Spec Ed program, but the regular mainstream program is outstanding. The curriculum is competitive at all levels. The only thing lacking is the parental involvement, but with so many children being bussed in I feel that they do the best they can. Don't miss out on this wonderful educational experience for your child.

Pleasantdale Elementary School
555 Pleasant Valley Way, W Orange, NJ  07052
Last modified Pleasantdale Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasantdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top