Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Terrible school. Teachers and counselors are incompetent and ineffective. My children are honor roll and actually aced exams that made them eligible to be members of Mensa. The jealousy of the administrators here refuse to have them properly recognized in that regard. I would not recommend anyone who values quality education send their children in this district

My son is in Miss Porter's special needs pre-k classroom, and I have never seen teachers with more dedication to the progression of their students than I have here. It is truly amazing how the teachers and therapists put all effort in recognizing individual needs, and creating programs to meet the needs of each student. Teachers communicate daily with me, which paints a clear picture of my child's day! I have absolutely no complaints, and feel really grateful to have my son in such good hands.

I have had my kids at Pleasantdale for 9 years. They started in the lottery Pre-K class. I'm sad to say good bye this year as it is my youngest child's last year. My kids are minorities and there has never been a problem. A parent saying that there is segregation at this school has never been in the liunch room during lunch, on a class trip, in a class room, at a field day, or at recess. Not only is every ethnicity accepted but also special ed, different religions and faiths, same sex families etc. It would be hard to find a school that manages to make everyone fit in. The teachers and the administration is great! The Secretary knows the name of every child, knows their parents and grandparents. I feel blessed that this is the school that my kids have grown up in. I know that they are better people for it!

Please listen if you ask too many question about the quality of your child's education and it erks the teacher your child will suffer. I wholeheartly agree with the other parent that stated they do not nor neither want to deal with the diversity of the school. It's integrated segregation at this school so BEWARE!! Learn your child's teacher early and if you detect the slightest problem pull your child out.

Pleasantdale has the kindest and most caring group of teachers in town. Dr. Pollara has set a tone and an environment that all students are nurtured and cared for in a safe place. Pleasantdales principal has a doctorate in education with an emphasizes on special needs. We feel blessed to have such an amazing administrator and friend. By all accounts Pleasantdale is the best kept secret in town, with a rich cultural diversity. We couldn't be happier as a new family to the district.

There is simply NO WAY this school could possib;y be considered higher than the 4 that it received last year from Great Schools. The administration and teachers are in no way representative of the diverse culture that is West Orange, NJ. The principal is well past her prime when it comes to dealing with minority students and has no idea how to handle talent. We pulled our child and moved him into a much better school. It is too bad.. the people of West Orange, NJ deserve better.

Es una maravillosa escuela.Is a wonderful school.Estamos muy contentos con la escuela.we are very happy.

My school is very good place with lovely teachers and stuf that always are caring for the students .

MY school is very nice place to study, lovely teachers ,the kids love it !!!.........

Great school in an awesome district. Teachers couldn't be more caring and supportive of individual student needs.

Last modified Pleasantdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.