K-5 & Ungraded
W Orange, NJ

Posted June 11, 2013
I am a former student from this school and may I say this school was the best. I made all of my childhood friends here and the teachers are incredible. It is such a shame that all the other middle schools are horrible. I will never forget my times here.

Posted April 03, 2011
The classes are ethnically diverse, with over 60 countries represented in the school. I think that our children are learning more about the world and finding a common "world culture" than we may realize. Great thanks to the teacher who really goes above and beyond to reach each student as an individual, this really comes through at the parent teacher meeting.

Posted February 08, 2011
St. Cloud is definitely the best elementary school in West Orange. The teachers challenge their students and encourage them to do better. My daughter relocated from a school in Bethlehem PA, that was rated a 10, on this site, but clearly St. Cloud has a superior curriculum, teachers, administration and leadership. The Principal is also doing a great job.

Posted September 28, 2010
St Cloud teachers are very supportive

Posted August 11, 2010
The school definitely needs a professional face-lift. St. Cloud obtained a new principal who has not initiated any new life to the school which previously had the same principal for far too many years. It is a typical school that does not engage the children enough and teaches only to ensure children do well on standard testing scores.

Posted May 25, 2009

St. Cloud Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2009
My daughter and I absolutely loves the school. My daughter loves her wonderful, amazing 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Stoner!!The teachers are great and they are willing to help their class students. And our principle, he is the best!!!!! St. Cloud Elementary School, I believe has the potential to be the greatest school in West Orange, New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 12, 2008
My child is in a Kindergarten class with 24 other children and only one teacher. She is not being challenged at all. The curriculum is far inferior to that at the area's private schools where many of our friends have placed their children. It is a shame that the Town of West Orange has allowed its schools to sink so low.

Posted September 01, 2008
My daughter completed kindergarten and I have to say that I agree with the May 2006 post by another parent. The positives- the school is diverse and they have a fairly active parent base. The negatives-children are not challenged sufficiently and principal who just retired fostered a my way or the highway approach to dealing with parents. I think the teachers are committed and I am hopeful that the new principal who started this year will raise the bar and consider ways of further engaging parents and challenging the students further.

Posted August 27, 2008
St. Cloud is a wonderful school. Great teachers and diversity of student body. I loved the warmth there and the fact that the parent community are very involved in the school.

St. Cloud Elementary School
71 Sheridan Ave, W Orange, NJ  07052
Last modified St. Cloud Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Cloud Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top