Posted October 03, 2014
Excellent School. My daughter is growing academically, socially and spiritually. I found this school to be an excellent fit for her. Their computer based knowledge far exceeds that of our local school district in Summit and the cost is reasonable in comparison to other parochial schools nearby. The teachers and staff are amazing and support the girls every step of the way through their transition to adulthood. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Mount St. Mary Academy High School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
Mount Saint Mary Academy is a complete of parents' money. As a parent, you would be MUCH better off sending your child to Villa Walsh, Kent Place, or Oak Knoll before MSMA. Although these schools may be more expensive, you get much more for your money. The teaching staff at MSMA is average at best, with about 3 worthwhile teachers. These few teachers are amazing, however most educators there are graduates of the Mount, who are young and unconcerned with a legitimate college prep education. The college list of MSMA in comparison with the other schools listed above is laughable, and the guidance department is terrible. Mount Saint Mary does not hold good relationships with any great schools. Strongly recommend not getting anywhere near this school, don't let anyone fool you. My child spent 4 years and it was the worst possible experience.

Mount St. Mary Academy High School 1

Posted August 28, 2013
Teacher quality is low, and they drive BMW's with your tuition payment of 20K. Parents also not the smartest, Low sat scores, mediocre college acceptances. Case of the emperor has no clothes.

Posted December 06, 2012
I graduated from the Mount a few years ago. I had a very positive experience and loved my time there. I graduated with strong leadership skills and quality academic background. Transitioning to college was very easy, couldn't have asked for more from my high school. The faculty is awesome; the administration can be difficult to deal with at times but the teachers and students made it worth it every day to get up and come to school. MSMA was challenging for me academically, personally, and spiritually. I learned to grow as a person both in and out of the classroom.

Posted January 13, 2012
I am a Mount alum and loved it there! I received an excellent education. The small class size gave each one of us a sense that we were a family. No one "fell through the cracks ". Same gender atmosphere also lends itself to a certain level of confidence that I know I wouldn't have received at a traditional co-Ed school. They have recently remodeled the science labs and cafeteria. The turf field is top notch for sports. Great swim team too! I would compare it against schools like Oak Knoll and Delbarton, academically speaking, but for a fraction of the cost! I have a daughter now, and would be proud to send her there! The administration is involved and caring. They are not "old school" at all. Quite the contrary! I am shocked that a prior post said otherwise! Attend the Open Houses in the Fall, and see it for yourself, you will fall in love with it!

Posted October 25, 2010
Being a current student at MSMA, I am shocked reading these negative reviews! Attending school at the Mount has given me the oppurtunity of a lifetime, and I know I would not be able to grow so much if I were anywhere but at the Mount. Those who claim the Mount is outdated are MISINFORMED! MSMA offers state-of- the-art laptops to each student, making studying much easier. Being an all-girls school, Mount has allowed me to grow so much socially! Cattiness regularly seen in coeducational schools is rare at MSMA. The academics at the Mount are top-priority and challenging, more so than other area schools. Mount's excellent teachers have helped me learn. Also, no Mount student is ever bored- so many sports, clubs, and artistic electives are offered here. The guidance office is always quick to help with college decisions. Finally, I have grown so much spiritually at the Mount. mountsaintmary.org!!!

Posted July 07, 2009
On all levels Mount St. Mary's is a throwback to another era. The facility is outdated, the curiculum has not kept up with the times and it is a single sex school dominated by administrators who are aging members of a religious order. The school spirit is good, but the education does not compare on any level to that provided at many of the other Catholic high schools in New Jersey. Catholic secondary schools such as Delbarton, Christian Brothers Academy, Oak Knoll, Oratory Prep and Villa Walsh are easily far superior.

Posted March 11, 2009
This is truly a wonderful school. I strongly disagree with the previous poster about the quality of the education. My daughter, who is an honor student, is constantly challenged academically. The education she is receiving far surpasses that of the local public school (which is highly rated). The teachers are very well qualified and committed to quality education. The culture is terrific at bringing out the best in each of the girls. Communication of daily events could be improved but overall this is a very well-run school.

Posted October 22, 2008

Posted May 20, 2008

Mount St. Mary Academy High School
1645 Rte 22, Watchung, NJ  07069
Last modified Mount St. Mary Academy High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Mount St. Mary Academy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top