No rating

Immaculate Heart Of Mary School

Private | PK-8

Living in Wayne

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $400,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,610.

Posted November 2, 2011

My daughters are in their second year at IHM and we have been very happy with the school. The curriculum in the middle school is excellent and prepares the students very well for high school. We have also been impressed with the entire staff. Everyone is caring and nurturing. It has been refreshing to see how concerned the teachers are with not only the children's academic growth but also their personal growth and maturity. IHM is not a test score only school but rather has a curriculum based on learning and understanding. The result is a better education and students still achieve excellent standardized test results. Writing and critical thinking are also highly emphasized. We look forward to many more years at the school.

Posted September 28, 2010

IHM offers an excellent academic experience with a strong, faith-based foundation! They have an extremely dedicated faculty and staff; technologically advanced classrooms; and a family atmoshpere!

Posted March 8, 2010

This is our son's first year at IHM and we were very worried about his adjustment into the new environment, but to our surprise he adjusted so very well that he is already planning for the next year. The staff and parents at IHM made his transition so seamless that he did not feel stranger even for a day, to us that makes this school the best. No wonder that it is awarded the Blue Ribbon.

Posted March 5, 2010

My daughter is in fourth grade. We selected IHM because we wanted a school with high academic standards and a warm, nurturing environment. IHM is a blue ribbion school and the teachers and staff members are so very dedicated. What more could we ask for ?

Posted February 21, 2010

I am a parent of 2 children attending Immaculate Heart of Mary(IHM) Catholic School and have been very pleased with the teachers, principal and different programs available. The IHM academic program is still at the same caliber that it was prior to winning the Blue Ribbon. It's nice to drive by DePaul HS, in Wayne these days and see the annoucement that they had 12 Bloustein Distinguished Scholars of which 6 of the scholars are IHM graduates and the top 3 students at the HS are also IHM graduates. Just thinking: What an excellent preparation for HS our children at IHM will get.

Posted February 12, 2010

It takes a village to raise a child...this school brings this sentiment to life for me, my two children and my entire family. Not only are the teachers dedicated to helping my children grow academically and spiritually but so are the parents who have children in my kids' classes. I like how all the parents look out for and celebrate everyone's child's successes.

Posted February 12, 2010

I graduated from IHM in 95 and still feel the lessons I learned here were the most important ones in my education. My niece and nephew now attend the school and I m so impressed by what they share with me when they talk about what they re learning. The way they re able to articulate concepts, use narratives and organize ideas is a clear sign that they re receiving a rigorous education and I m so happy they are at a place that challenges them every day.

Posted December 15, 2009

Both my children are receiving excellent educations in a warm, nurturing environment overseen by the most dedicated principal and faculty that we could ever hope to find. The faculty and administration are very open with parents - I don't think I have ever waited a full 24 hours to get a call back if I have a question. Well worth our money.

Posted December 2, 2009

IHM is easily the best investment we ever made. It successfully blends a warm, nurturing environment (which you sense the moment you enter the building) with gentle spirituality and challenging academic standards. On academics, IHM is top notch: over 50% of Middle School are Johns Hopkins Scholars. But its also a second family for the kids - they love it. For a school to have its students want to come in and work, that's amazing! Thanks to fantastic teachers (including a nationally recognized Teacher of the Year) and principal (a former Principal of the Year) for helping to develop our daughter into a young lady. Well done.

Posted October 27, 2009

Catholic Schools are great, however, they will have to implement hands on learning approach techniques, our children's brains are dying in these schools, children are getting bored, to the point where the will not want to learn for heaven sakes do something it starts by hiring very qualified teachers with hands on learning approach, look at apple montessori school system, look at how successful their students are, we must do something fast before catholic school no longer exist, we need catholic schools to implement hands on learning approach beginning in the kindergarten years, this is not an option it is a requirement, our kids will not want to learn if we don't make it interesting for them. HANDS ON LEARNING APPROACH IS A NECESSITY, CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WON'T SURVIVE UNLESS THEY IMPLEMENT THIS TEACHING

Posted October 22, 2009

I attened her for a while. The school has very good academic and teachers who push students to excell but the parents of students are often the only dark cloud at the school Some let thei childrenrun free and then accuse the teachers of dislike their schildren when adminstation puts their foot down. However the princal needs some work on dealing with cattiness of preteen girls

Posted September 11, 2009

The most significant criteria available to judge a school is test scores and IHM blows other regional private schools away. We have graduates moving on to many prestigious high schools like IHA, Don Bosco Prep, Mt. St. Dominic and Seton Hall Prep, with several graduates receiving full academic scholarships. Great faculty + nuturing environment = Smart kids I have had children in this school for over a decade and you never know just how great a school is until your child moves on and thrives in their new school.

Posted July 26, 2009

This school was once the school to go to in town! Times have changed and now you might want to research other schools. Not sure that this school will meet all your expectations that you deserve in a private school enviroment!!

Posted May 15, 2009

IHM is the place for you and your child for a loving, safe, faith filled facility where all of staff strive to go the extra mile. My child is happy, confident, and has learned so much at this school. Not only are the educational standards high but learning how to be a great citizen of the community is emphasized here through examples and expectations of the staff.

Posted May 15, 2009

Great principal, excellent teachers, family environment and participation, safe and clean great events for kids to do. All the families are wonderful!!!

Posted May 14, 2009

I am a parent of a 5th grader. My daughter has been with IHM since 1st grade. She loves the school and is thriving in the environment. The dedicated, talented teaching staff have provided her with excellent academic skills (she is eligible as a John Hopkin's Scholar based on her test scores). But even more importantly, the core values of respect, community service and faith that surround the children at IHM have helped form her into a well-rounded, nice person. These are the core values she is taught at home and to have them reinforced everyday at school is priceless.

Posted May 14, 2009

IHM is amazing! We have two kids that attend and they love it. My son has to be carried out crying to leave every day. The staff is wonderful and caring, the families are warm and inviting. I highly recommend it as a former teacher and now a parent, I couldn't think or find a better place.

Posted April 9, 2007

I have two children in this school and they have both benefited from high spiritual and educational curriculum. The teachers are dedicated and caring, far more than you find in typical schools. I highly recommend this school. You cannot underestimate the the value of a spiritual education in development of their character. With all that is happening in the world these days your kids need the extra strength they get from a truly spiritual education. Just go to a mall these days to see what I am saying. Classes are small but well run and they will find friends for a lifetime.

Posted September 19, 2006

My children attend here and have been afforded an excellent education in a caring and nurturing environment. The principal has an open-door policy and all teachers work closely with parents to ensure a well-rounded education for all children. The school community is highly spirited and involved. I would not hesitate to recommend this school (and I have much to use for comparison as I am a teacher educator who visits many schools in NJ for evaluation purposes).

Posted March 28, 2006

Two of my children graduated from the school and one is currently enrolled there. The school has a rigorous academic program combined with caring and compassionate teachers. The children are taught to accept and embrace each other's differences. I believe my children have received a sound moral and academic foundation by attending Immaculate Heart of Mary School. I could not be more pleased.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Paterson

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

580 Ratzer Road