PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughters are in their second year at IHM and we have been very happy with the school. The curriculum in the middle school is excellent and prepares the students very well for high school. We have also been impressed with the entire staff. Everyone is caring and nurturing. It has been refreshing to see how concerned the teachers are with not only the children's academic growth but also their personal growth and maturity. IHM is not a test score only school but rather has a curriculum based on learning and understanding. The result is a better education and students still achieve excellent standardized test results. Writing and critical thinking are also highly emphasized. We look forward to many more years at the school.

IHM offers an excellent academic experience with a strong, faith-based foundation! They have an extremely dedicated faculty and staff; technologically advanced classrooms; and a family atmoshpere!

This is our son's first year at IHM and we were very worried about his adjustment into the new environment, but to our surprise he adjusted so very well that he is already planning for the next year. The staff and parents at IHM made his transition so seamless that he did not feel stranger even for a day, to us that makes this school the best. No wonder that it is awarded the Blue Ribbon.

My daughter is in fourth grade. We selected IHM because we wanted a school with high academic standards and a warm, nurturing environment. IHM is a blue ribbion school and the teachers and staff members are so very dedicated. What more could we ask for ?

I am a parent of 2 children attending Immaculate Heart of Mary(IHM) Catholic School and have been very pleased with the teachers, principal and different programs available. The IHM academic program is still at the same caliber that it was prior to winning the Blue Ribbon. It's nice to drive by DePaul HS, in Wayne these days and see the annoucement that they had 12 Bloustein Distinguished Scholars of which 6 of the scholars are IHM graduates and the top 3 students at the HS are also IHM graduates. Just thinking: What an excellent preparation for HS our children at IHM will get.

It takes a village to raise a child...this school brings this sentiment to life for me, my two children and my entire family. Not only are the teachers dedicated to helping my children grow academically and spiritually but so are the parents who have children in my kids' classes. I like how all the parents look out for and celebrate everyone's child's successes.

I graduated from IHM in 95 and still feel the lessons I learned here were the most important ones in my education. My niece and nephew now attend the school and I m so impressed by what they share with me when they talk about what they re learning. The way they re able to articulate concepts, use narratives and organize ideas is a clear sign that they re receiving a rigorous education and I m so happy they are at a place that challenges them every day.

Both my children are receiving excellent educations in a warm, nurturing environment overseen by the most dedicated principal and faculty that we could ever hope to find. The faculty and administration are very open with parents - I don't think I have ever waited a full 24 hours to get a call back if I have a question. Well worth our money.

IHM is easily the best investment we ever made. It successfully blends a warm, nurturing environment (which you sense the moment you enter the building) with gentle spirituality and challenging academic standards. On academics, IHM is top notch: over 50% of Middle School are Johns Hopkins Scholars. But its also a second family for the kids - they love it. For a school to have its students want to come in and work, that's amazing! Thanks to fantastic teachers (including a nationally recognized Teacher of the Year) and principal (a former Principal of the Year) for helping to develop our daughter into a young lady. Well done.

Catholic Schools are great, however, they will have to implement hands on learning approach techniques, our children's brains are dying in these schools, children are getting bored, to the point where the will not want to learn for heaven sakes do something it starts by hiring very qualified teachers with hands on learning approach, look at apple montessori school system, look at how successful their students are, we must do something fast before catholic school no longer exist, we need catholic schools to implement hands on learning approach beginning in the kindergarten years, this is not an option it is a requirement, our kids will not want to learn if we don't make it interesting for them. HANDS ON LEARNING APPROACH IS A NECESSITY, CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WON'T SURVIVE UNLESS THEY IMPLEMENT THIS TEACHING

Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8