Apple Montessori of Wayne

Private | PK-6

Living in Wayne

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $400,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,610.

Sweep tile

Posted March 14, 2014

Apple Montessori Schools are the best! They engage the child to learn and give them the desire to want to learn more and become independent children. They exceed expectations in all areas. My son has formed wonderful friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime!

Posted March 12, 2014

Both of my children have attended Apple Montessori since they were babies. We are very pleased with the education they are receiving and they LOVE school. They have formed wonderful friendships that will last a lifetime. They are also well mannered and empathetic towards others. The staff and teachers are very professional and loving. It is a wonderful place to grow-up.

Posted December 5, 2013

We are very fortunate for having found this school for our daughter who is 2 yrs and 3 months old now. She started with Apple Montessori last summer and has found a wonderful family away from home. Teachers, teachers assistants and after-school care providers are all very loving and keenly attentive to the intellectual, social and physical needs to the kids. The timings are also very friendly where both the parents are working professionals. I have been a believer in early childhood education and have been trying to educate and keep up the curiosity of our daughter at home. I was interested in a school which had similar believes and curriculum and Apple Montessori has been the answer to all our prayers. A big thanks to the management and all the staff! Keep up your passion to fill the young minds with knowledge and their hearts with love!!

Posted June 17, 2013

Apple Montessori Schools are the best. Their teachers are the nicest most well prepared professionals I have ever dealt with. Everyone really cares about the children. Go and tour and visit the school for yourself it is so awesome. I have never seen children working so happily and independently while learning. It is really refreshing to see that these schools are maintaining a high standard. I think their reading program and enrichment programs are so amazing. My son has attended this school since he was 2 years old and he is so well adjusted , happy and most importantly he truly loves learning. He is about to graduate this week and I feel so grateful to the Bailey family for how much he has progressed in the past 4 years!

Posted March 11, 2013

There are three things I looked for in a school: Safety, Cirriculum, Diversity. I can absolutley say that this school has exceeded my expectations in all three areas. Being a mom that works full-time, it's critical for me to know that my children's time spent at school is helping them prepare for a very competitive college experience and then the work force. Let me give you some examples of how this school goes above and beyond. I was traveling out of town and missed the parent teacher conference. My husband attaneded. Yet the teacher still phoned me to give me an update. My children take a 2nd language. They are both in the music program. Spelling tests begin in K. My children's classmates actually reflect the world in which we live. The school also just implemented a world class security system. I can't say enough about this school, it's very capable teachers and the environmnet for success the are creating for my children!

Posted March 8, 2013

I am amazed to read some of the comments regarding Apple Montessori, which are clearly based solely on emotional irrational thoughts rather than on facts. Anyone who is truly committed to the Montessori methods understands the teaching and philosophy behind it. It is a method used ALL OVER THE WORLD and has been a proven method to help our children grow to be independent leaders and not insecure bullies like in most public schools in the U.S. The teacher certification for Montessori is vigorous and while completely different from a public school teacher is nevertheless more effective in every way. Simply look at the test scores and the children reading at the age of 4 and their love for knowledge to prove this. Why would anyone want to compare Montessori teachers to public school teachers when the FACT is public schools and their teachers fail on every level. The standard for a teacher certification is the U.S. is so low (ex: on line course degrees) that this nation has an epidemic on their hands causing the U.S. to rank lower than most countries. Clearly this parent has not done their homework and should research things before making such an ignorant statement.

Posted March 8, 2013

This is school is awesome!!! I cannot say how happy I am that my 2 children attend Apple. I made the mistake of taking my 4 year out of Apple and going to a Catholic school. After 1 year I ran back to Apple in tears seeking guidance after the terrible experience my children endured in the Catholic School. Within 2 weeks I started to see the sparkle in my son s eyes return. I wish Apple went through 12th grade. My children are receiving an excellent education in a safe environment. Academically, Apple is superior on every level. They engage the child to learn and give them the desire to what to learn more. Catholic/Public schools do not even show a child how to properly hold a pencil. They foster bullies and do not inspire greatness. The Catholic/public teachers fall below average and the proof is in (for those who do not have experience first hand to compare) test scores. The administration is wonderful. I personally prefer a no nonsense professional business structure and policy for staff and parents. But some parents are whiny and need to be coddled and difficult to please. The school runs smoothly admin and edu and that is why Apple is so successful.

Posted March 8, 2013

I have two kids currently attending Apple Montessori in Wayne, NJ. My daughter started when she was 11 months and now in Pre-K. My son, on the other hand, enrolled when when he was 18 months and now in nursery. I am truly grateful that I am able to send my kids to AMS. The staff is kind, caring and helpful. On the hand, I am amazed at my kids progress. They are independent, creative and confident in the work they do, thanks to AMS! The school also provides afterschool sports/activities that as a full-time working mom, I do not have to worry about drop-ups/drop-offs.

Posted March 6, 2013

After reading some of the reviews below, I felt compelled to offer my own opinion based on long term experience with Apple Montessori Schools. I am not only a current parent, but a former student myself. Although the locations have expanded throughout the years, it is the same core principals and quality teaching that I experienced as a child. My children are well beyond peers their age, and I can honestly say are ahead of the required expectations at their age level. I have found that they employ a staff of individuals that care about my children while also reinforcing important life principals and making learning a fun experience! My eldest child is always excited to come home and share a new "game" that they learned at school that day. The children have fun playing the "games", but in fact there is constant learning behind everything that is taught and done at the school. I have also had a good experience with the extracurricular activities such as book fairs and trunk or treats. I do not know of any other preschool in the area that operate as much like a school as this. I am proud to say this is a true nursery school and not a glorified daycare program.

Posted March 6, 2013

Apple Montessori schools provide a superior education which affords parents a high degree of confidence that their children are receiving the foundational tools necessary for a lifetime of success. As parents, we are given the opportunity observe our children and quickly learn that the faculty is committed and the children are engaged. Yes, it is impressive that at such an early stage our children learned to read, write, complete math problems and score well on standardized tests. Most impressive, however, is Apple's clear desire to develop well-rounded, confident children. If you are fortunate enough to visit Apple and experience International Day, the Science Fair, the art exhibits, the musical performances and many of the other events they host, you will see first hand that Apple offers an appropriate balance of academics and personal development. As a parent, I am thankful that my children are able to be a part of the Apple Montessori tradition.

Posted August 17, 2012

I was very disappointed with this school. Their 3 day program is $500 less than their 5 full day program???? Do they think we are stupid and can't do math? When I questioned this the head of school said I have the option to enroll my child in the 5 full day program and pick and choose which days my child would go. When I heard this it solidified the fact in my mind that they do not care about attendance. Just money. There are safety issues too that I have seen with my own eyes.

Posted July 8, 2012

Excellent School .My Kid went to the Ratzer Road Branch .She did her PK. Within a year she is able to read books and she has the love for reading which is very important i feel .Her teacher Mrs.Sanabria teaches them very well and all other staff are very caring .she enjoyed her art and craft activity too .

Posted July 3, 2011

My oldest child just graduated Kindergarten from AMS this year and his brother is a Pre-K. By engaging the children in hands on learning, an excellent reading program and the ability to work with their peers this program truly engages children in learning. The teachers connect with each child wherever they are in their learning, helping them succeed in a variety of ways building self confidence, practical skills and educational knowledge. My son's teacher was loving and strong giving the perfect balance for the classroom. With the help of the well trained assistants, I feel that the children are in excellent hands. ***I am so impressed that we will continue on to 1st grade in the fall!

Posted February 3, 2011

I have had my child here for four years since he was 2 years old. Now in the middle of kindergarten they say he is one year behind!!! Whose fault is that??? They are not properly staffed. My son's class has 32 kids with only 4 kindergarteners. The rest of the class are 2, 3 and 4 year olds!!!! The aids are not capable of teaching they just clean up. The teacher is stressed and overwhelmed. I am pulling my child out and putting him into public school which is much better. They have permanently affected my son and we will now have to make him like school all over again.

Posted September 2, 2010

I am impressed. I started my 5 year old at the kindergarten level, shortly after pulling him out off public school. In September, he could barely write and certainly not read. By March he tested at a 3rd grade reading and has great writing skills. He now reads chapter books, understands them and best of all loves reading, school and is very proud of himself. I will continue him in the 1st grade, seeing the tuition as an investment in his future!

Posted August 20, 2010

This school is disappointing. It may give kids a good start for pre-k and K, but falls short after that. I found parent involvement and feedback consistently rejected. In grades above Kindergarten, the curriculum is not far ahead of public school. Be prepared for lots of fees on top of the regular fees. This school has no library and a lot of churn in teacher aides. The daycare program is questionable, as teacher aides clean classrooms instead of watch kids. This school has potential but doesn't live up to it.

Posted November 22, 2009

My child has attended this school for 3 years now and I am not impressed with the education she has received. This school is very expensive and you would think they would provide the best education experiences possible but there are some major problems in this building. There are too many children in a class and teachers seem stressed. I also feel as though they cut corners and lack organization and leadership in this building. If they expect to keep their enrollment up they need to reorganize and provide children with more individual attention.

Posted February 6, 2006

Great education. Hands on learning, children learn to do things on their own.

Posted May 11, 2004

Excellent school! Teachers are very involved and students score consistently higher on standardized tests than their public school peers. We have also observed that the children are extremely well-behaved and well-mannered. Apple Montessori stresses the importance of, and actively teaches, good manners and behavior. There is not only the high academic standard but also a high moral/behavioral standard that permeates the school. We are extremely pleased with the quality of this school and we are very happy we choose to send our child to Apple Montessori.

Asian 8% 8%

Associations
  • Other Montessori
Fax number
  • (973) 696-9010

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori