7-12 & Ungraded
Weehawken, NJ

Weehawken High School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
This school is a joke. The students control the teachers and no one takes them seriously. There is no security and anyone can come and go whenever they want to. The staff does not care what students do as long as they score high on standardized tests. Most of the young, newer teachers do not truly care about the students education, the teachers that have been there for a long time are great. There is no leadership from the principal, during meetings he does not even show up and I'm pushed towards talking to the vice principal or a guidance counselor. I am very disappointed because the two elementary schools are great.

Weehawken High School 2

Posted May 03, 2010
We have had a number of our children experience this district's schools. Unfortunately, a large part of the student body seems to be 'doing time.' If your child is self-motivated, he might thrive b/c there are some excellent teachers here. If you have any extra needs, the school drags its feet and proves it is not ready to provide your child with an education for the 21st century. It is very difficult to change the culture of a school and this district is not interested in change. BTW - there are hardly any serious extra-curricular programs and no playing fields for recess.

Weehawken High School 0

Posted December 23, 2009
Students will be able to learn a lot.

Posted August 02, 2008
We are so happy that we have moved to Weehawken. The school system far surpasses our former NJ district. We have several children in the district - one in each school. Daniel Webster elementary has one of the most caring staff and they offer one-to-one assistance should any problem come up. Roosevelt Middle School offers our daughter the challanges she needs but with a kind helping hand when needed. The High school offers our son so many extra programs too many to mention. We even got a school tour from the Principal himself. The curriculum is outstanding, the Administrators very knowledgable and the staff knows how to challange him without threatening. I believe we have found a diamond hidden in Hudson County. Other parents should really check them out. We are extremely happy we did.

Posted May 13, 2008

Weehawken High School 4

Posted August 09, 2007
I disagree as a student at WHS i believe that this school has a lot to offer!!! Yes they focus on standardized testing but they also make sure that the students in their school recieve the best education possibele. They offer the princeton review class for free when it cost 1100 dollars! They offer tutors, after school help with teachers, and after school program for the 7th and 8th graders. The teachers help us a lot and make us feel comfortable to speak to them about anything. WHS is a small school. Most of the students there take pride in one another and in their school. So overall it is a great school!

Weehawken High School 3

Posted April 17, 2007

Weehawken High School 2

Posted March 04, 2006
This school district and its staff concentrate only on standardized tests. Spending a majority of the year teaching students how to take these tests there is hardly enough time to learn what is needed in order to move on to college. Most of the teachers at this school taught my parents in the 70's, they taught me in the 90's, and as my children are getting to be school aged, I am looking to move out of my home town, to find a better school district. I have no other choice, as private school is not a luxury I can afford. The schools are very well funded thanks to the high test scores children receive, but children deserve better than that.

Posted November 27, 2004

Weehawken High School
53 Liberty Place, Weehawken, NJ  07086
Last modified Weehawken High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weehawken High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top