9-12 & Ungraded
West Caldwell, NJ

Posted October 19, 2013
This school offers excellent public school education as well as great athletics. I graduated in 2012 and am now attending Northeastern University on scholarship from the Army for ROTC. I took 4 AP classes, was President of the school's band for two years, and received varsity letters in three sports (cross country, winter track, and tennis). I had great success at JCHS. My only regret about my time at JCHS was that I didn't play football. The school's football program is outstanding and really seemed to develop individuals on and off the field. The community rallies around the football team too, and it would have been great to be a part of that.

Posted April 27, 2010
I have four children,three are graduates of JCHS, who where student/athlete. (Notice- Student is first!) Some reviews are negative about the school because we have a great sports program. What few think about, athlete work twice as hard. They need to maintain their grades, along with the sports requirements of practice, and games. My oldest son was an AP student, went to a Division1 college/ full scholarship for sports. He is now on Wall Street. My other son had ADHD went thru the whole C/WC School's system classified, he too received a scholarship Division1 school in sports, now a financial advisor. My third child was a student athlete, went to College, joined the Military as an officer. Among their friends all where 'student/athletes' now Doctors, Attorneys, very successful business men and women. JCHS is an excellent school, your child has all the resources here that are available at any 'local' schools that you want to compare them to. Our fourth child is not in the school yet, but I am looking forward to every moment once he will be attending!

James Caldwell High School 3

Posted March 11, 2010
This school's rankings have declined a great deal between the time I moved into town and the time my oldest entered High School. The Board is obsessed with sports to the detriment of academics. Honors programs for the HS as well as middle school are a joke compared to neighboring districts because the budget heavily favors sports.

Posted October 24, 2008

Posted June 15, 2008
I'm going to be a sr this year and trust me there is really not much goin on. Guidance has given me false information, most teachers dont step a foot out of their way to help. Its all about sports - sports are more important than academics, arts, or music combined. Bad game last night? Take the day off. Bad concert last night? See you bright and early.

Posted March 18, 2008

Posted November 14, 2007

Posted July 27, 2007

Posted April 12, 2007

James Caldwell High School 4

Posted January 06, 2006

James Caldwell High School
Westville Ave, West Caldwell, NJ  07006
Last modified James Caldwell High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Caldwell High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top