Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 03, 2015
The kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bardes, is an A+ and one of those teachers she still talks about and will always remember when she gets older.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 03, 2015
My daughter is in second grade and does not get overwhelmed but also does appear challenged. I think she gets a fair amount of work.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 03, 2015
The school events are a good example of the enthusiasm the teachers are instilling in their students. Art show, Science fairs and even Recreation field days, my daughter loves it all.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 03, 2015
My daughter is a very shy person and she has noticeable gained confidence over the years and I contribute a lot of that to the teachers she has encountered at Jefferson.

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted December 03, 2015
We have nothing but praise for all faculty, staff and parents at Jefferson. Our daughter started from Kindergarten and is currently in second grade enjoying her time with her teachers and friends. We are very happy we chose West Caldwell to raise our daughter.

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted February 18, 2015
Our son is in Jefferson and we are more than pleased with the attention from the teachers and administration. Any concern we've ever had has been answered in a timely manner. All of the family events have been extremely successful and fun. The only downside I'd say would be a lack of technology... there are some netbooks and computers in the library they share... but I think this is more of a district wide issue, and not particular to this school. I believe with the upcoming standardized testing needing to use computers, they will likely be investing more.

Posted June 04, 2009
I have 2 children in Jefferson School and we have all a lot of satisfactions with this school

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2007
My child has attended Jefferson kindergarten and 1st grade. We've been very satisfied with the quality of her teachers and the progress she has made. Parents here are very involved. If there was one area for improvement, it would be smaller class sizes. I believe there are around 26 kids in the class.

Prospect St, West Caldwell, NJ  07006
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.