Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has attended Harry L. Bain from kindergarten through 3rd grade. Overall, It is a good school. The principal, Ms. Mantineo, focuses on the well being of the students. She is kind and has an open door policy. She met with me, the summer before my daughter started kindergarten, for a private tour of the school and walked me through the curriculum. There is a gifted and talented program for kids that need more of a challenge. I wish they would meet more often than twice a week, but the work and projects they do broaden the kids' education. It is my understanding that there is also a program to help kids who are struggling and need more one on one attention. My main criticism is the lack of recess and extra curricular activities. There is no playground. A few times a year the kids get to use the outdoor space, weather it is the blocked off street or a grassy courtyard. I think this is negatively affecting the kids. They need time to run around and burn off some of their energy. They would also benefit from the fresh air and sunshine. Recess and nature have proven, in many studies, to have a positive impact on students' overall academic performance. I wish the kids would get more allotted time for their extra curriculars, such as music, gym, art, Spanish, etc. The addition of clubs would also be welcoming to give the kids something to do after school.

Is the best school in the area, teachers are friendly, responsible and the best part of this is the school provide all the information that any parent need

the next year he have to go to these school and im very concern about it i really i dont like these school at all i would like to know is school number four is better than number six.... please help me

The school asks for parents to be more involved and I am a parent that is very involved with my child's academics and they do not like it. I find myself teaching my child at home to keep them up to their grade level because the teachers are not teaching what they need to. They are so focused on passing the state tests that other subjects are ignored. I do not understand how the state has not investigated the school and its practices. Complaints are made and are swept under the rug. When you go and question the curriculum they blame the Board of Ed. We are in the process of moving so my child can have a better education. This school system was a lot better before. What a disappointment.

This school could be a lot better as far as working with children that are falling behind. They do have classes to help but I feel that they are not strong enough. As far as gym classes go, my kids have not had a gym class in months! As for Lunch time, kids are allowed to go out for lunch at any age. I have to say that I am not fully satisfied with the school because of this. I have one child who does great and is on the honor roll, and one that is failing every subject. I feel the one who is failing is not getting the attention he needs.

Last modified Harry L. Bain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.