K-6 & Ungraded
West New York, NJ

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2010
the next year he have to go to these school and im very concern about it i really i dont like these school at all i would like to know is school number four is better than number six.... please help me

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
The school asks for parents to be more involved and I am a parent that is very involved with my child's academics and they do not like it. I find myself teaching my child at home to keep them up to their grade level because the teachers are not teaching what they need to. They are so focused on passing the state tests that other subjects are ignored. I do not understand how the state has not investigated the school and its practices. Complaints are made and are swept under the rug. When you go and question the curriculum they blame the Board of Ed. We are in the process of moving so my child can have a better education. This school system was a lot better before. What a disappointment.

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 5

Posted June 27, 2007

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2007
This school could be a lot better as far as working with children that are falling behind. They do have classes to help but I feel that they are not strong enough. As far as gym classes go, my kids have not had a gym class in months! As for Lunch time, kids are allowed to go out for lunch at any age. I have to say that I am not fully satisfied with the school because of this. I have one child who does great and is on the honor roll, and one that is failing every subject. I feel the one who is failing is not getting the attention he needs.

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2006
I think the school system is too concerned with making the grade Rather then helping the child build self esteem and feeling of worth! They push push push these kids with homework that I am almost certain many adults and some teachers couldnt even due.

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2006
My son is currently attending forth grade at this school and has been there since third. He's been an honor student for both terms. The school is ok, but not as challenging with some assignments such as book reports. Some reports my son submit in my view seem to be very weak...he would receive an A on.

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2005

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2004
- a former student

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2004
- a former student
Potentially good teachers. Nice enviroment compared to other schools in town, but the curriculum can get unchallenging.

Harry L. Bain Elementary School 5

Posted April 06, 2004

Harry L. Bain Elementary School
6200 Broadway, West New York, NJ  07093
Last modified Harry L. Bain Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry L. Bain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top