K-5 & Ungraded
West Orange, NJ

Posted April 28, 2014
The teachers are wonderful, the principle is inspiring and the support from the district has been life changing. My daughter and son have flourished in this beautiful community. I am only sad my principle won't follow them throughout their scholastic career.

Posted October 22, 2013
Mount Pleasant is an awesome school for students K-5 with great teachers and administration. Students of all ages are engaged in learning. Friendships are made across all races, religion, and genders. It has been a great experience for my daughter who is now in her last year. She has really adopted her love for learning at Mount Pleasant.

Mount Pleasant Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is very average. The teachers here are nice, but are low on inspiration. Unfortunately, the school is lacking for those who want more for their child's education. This is definitely not the school for students who are above average in their academics as it does not offer enough. However if you are a special needs student this is the school for you because they have a full staff of special education resources outside of the general education program. The leadership only wants limited parent involvement. The school population of children is very diverse and the teacher population is not. A friend of mine said her kindergarten child was afraid of the Principal of the school. lf you live in the district you are assigned an elementary school by your street. I do not recommend moving to an area of West Orange that is assigned to this Elementary School.

Posted September 07, 2013
My Son has attended Mount Pleasant Elementary from K - The present Grade 4. When he entered Kindergarten he had some special needs and the teacher and staff assisted him in every way possible, by the start of first graded he was in the mainstream. The principal, Teachers and Staff made the whole school experience a pleasure for students and parents. They are always there for you and your child. The PTA is very proactive and does a lot for the school and the students alike. I want to thank everyone in the past four years of My Sons education growth. Sincerely a Proud and Happy Parent.

Posted September 02, 2013
I couldn't be more pleased with Mt.Pleasant. The teachers, principal and all the staff are wonderful. I've had nothing but positive experiences so far, going into our 4th year now. I love the diversity and sense of community. My children and I have made great friends thanks to the school. The teachers and principal all welcome feedback and are very easy to access. I feel very involved in my kid's education and have loved every teacher so far. The principal is fantastic as well and takes such pride in his school. We are fortunate to have such an amazing elementary school.

Posted August 30, 2013
I can't say enough wonderful things about Mt. Pleasant School. The teachers are amazing as well as Mr. Schiavo, the principal. My children are receiving a top quality education.

Posted August 30, 2013
From the time I first walked through the front doors, I felt welcome and a part of a strong community. The office, support, and maintenance staff are always ready and willing to assist in any way necessary. The teachers are loving, supportive, and creative, and my three children have learned so much from them! The school focuses, not just on academics, but also important life lessons and social skills. The student body spends their days in a peaceful and nurturing environment, and anyone who walks through the hallways would notice the strong and healthy relationships that form between students and between staff, faculty, and students. I couldn't ask for a better school for my children!

Posted August 29, 2013
My son has attended Mt. Pleasant since kindergarten and is now entering 5th grade. He has excelled in most subjects and all of his teachers have encouraged him to move forward with his most passionate interests. They have nurtured him to be a very talented and respectful child, with particular respect for children with special needs. Mr. Schiavo, the principal, runs a very tight ship and will not back down on anything if he know it's in the best interest of the students. He consistently hires amazing and bright teachers with a true gift of their profession. We will miss Mt. Pleasant next year!

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is a truly special place. The principal is fabulous and will do anything for the students. The test scores show how great an education our kids get. The teachers go above and beyond! There is NO BULLEYING. The parents are all nice. I have never met a nicer bunch of people. I am glad my son is at this school and am thrilled with his accomplishments!

Posted August 26, 2013
All three of my children have gone through Mt. Pleasant and couldn't have had a better experience or a better education. With Mr. Schiavo at the reins, Mt. Pleasant is what I call an elite private education in public school.

Mount Pleasant Elementary School
9 Manger Road, West Orange, NJ  07052
Last modified Mount Pleasant Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Pleasant Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top