9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most of the teachers are SHP alumni which allows them to better relate to and teach the students.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have never felt overwhelmed by my work. My teachers assign what I can handle and teach me great time management skills.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Prep's strict academic integrity code, moral code, and religious code assist the school in developing upstanding young men.

I am currently a freshman at SHP and I could not be happier. The teachers are very knowledgeable and available. In addition to Seton Hall's rigorous academics is our athletic program which is consistently among the best in the country. The Prep fields nationally ranked soccer, football, basketball, baseball, and lacrosse teams every year. I am proud to be a Pirate and wouldn't want to call any other school home.

My son attended Seton Hall and I could not have been more disappointed. This school did not prepare my son for the future at all and all they do is care about sports, even though their funding for sports is terrible. My son wanted to transfer after his Freshman year because it was too easy and he was in all the honors classes Seton Hall offered. He ended up transferring to St Peter`s which might have been the best decision we have ever made, that school prepared him for the future like SHP would never have. Go SPP!

My 3 children went to 3 different high schools. SHP was the best among them. They know how to teach boys and they know how to discipline them. I was never so happy with a school as I am with SHP. Bravo SHP!

I am a student here at seton hall prep and so far with the month being november it has been the worst experience of my lifetime.

An absolutely amazing school. The teachers are very good and work really hard on the learning of each individual student. The athletics are amazing and the coaches are very caring and understanding. I would definitely recommend Seton Hall Prep to anybody looking to get an amazing catholic education.

I am a 1984 graduate of Seton Hall Prep. My parents saw the value of a good education and sacrificed to send me there; they are more than happy with the results as the Prep "prepped" me for the professional world. This is an excellent school and if you have the resources (it's expensive) and your child has the discipline to apply himself, "it is well worth the investment" as my father would say.

My son graduated last year from the Prep and it truely was the best money we ever spent! Wonderful school, great parents and kids!!! He has made the best friends any parent could ever ask for. He was totally prepared for college and is also playing baseball in college as well. He truely enjoyed his high school experience. I would highly recommend this school to everyone who is looking for their sons to have a great HS experience.

Last modified Seton Hall Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12