7-8 & Ungraded
West Orange, NJ

Liberty Middle School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
Liberty Middle School is a wonderful school for academically gifted students and has a phenomenal music program. The teachers who run the Algebra program for advanced students in the 7th are beyond par and the music teachers are out of this world! My. Hellyer, the chorus teacher and theatre director is amazing and Mr. Gitter the band teacher is hilarious and challenges the kids in a humorous and encouraging way to play music far beyond what one would expect for the grade level. I do wish there was a way to assist the students in their socialization, as both my 7th graders have had trouble making friends.

Liberty Middle School 5

Posted April 19, 2011
I can't imagine a more wonderful place to come to work everyday. Our physical plant is absolutely state of the art but the heart of our school is our principal, Bob Klemt. If Bob is our heart , then my colleagues are the brains of this operation while students surely are the soul. Liberty Middle School - Home of the Pride. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Liberty Middle School 3

Posted November 29, 2010
I am a current student at Liberty Middle School. I find this school to be average. Some teachers are amazing and great with students who are at that tender age. The school is 7th and 8th and has students from ages 11-14. The school has an AMAZING music program including chours, band and orquestra. There are also all kinds of sports and extra curricular activities. However, be advised that there has been an increase of bullying and other behaviors that are not tolerated at LMS. Ferthermore, if your child has not already lived in this town they will most likely have problems making new friends.

Posted July 22, 2009
My oldest son attended LMS in 2007-2008. He had a great experience there and is now entering tenth grade at WOHS in honors classes. Mr. Klemt, the principal, was formerly the Assistant Principal and was integral in the opening of the school, staffing and cirriculum. The administrative staff and faculty are excellent. There are many after school clubs and homework help available.

Posted January 04, 2009
State of the art facility, offers wide variety of afterschool clubs and activities. School web site provides teacher contact numbers and teacher web pages.

Liberty Middle School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
Liberty Middle School is a relatively new school and has a new Principal this year. My son is in 8th grade and I must say that I'm impressed with most of his teachers and with the after school activities available to the students.

Liberty Middle School 5

Posted September 20, 2007
This place has everything for a stable learning eviroment. Everything here is new and outstand

1 Kelly Drive, West Orange, NJ  07052
Last modified Liberty Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top