Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

this school is a shining example of what happens when public school is done right. the teachers are warm and engaging, the principal trish buell knows the families and the children. her philosophy is that parents know their child best, so the school wants the parents involved so kids get the best education possible.

My daughter has been attending this school from kindergarten and she loves it. I liked it too. She is in second grade. Teachers are very nice and works with parents to according to students potential. Class size is aggressive but teachers pay due attention every students.

This is a wonderful school with strong moral and educational leadership in Denise Mengani and Patricia Buell. True there are many students in each class, 23-25, but teacher aids help make sure that students get the needed one-to-one learning. So happy we have found this school. This is my son's third year and he has loved all of his homeroom teachers. Also the art, music and Spanish teachers really have inspired my little guy.

my child is in second grade at maurice hawk, and i wish every school in the district was as well-run as this school is! the principal and vice principal are incredibly responsive to the concerns and needs of parents and kids, and as a result, so are the teachers and support staff. my kids have had a wonderful experience with their teachers and classmates. the only drawback is that the word is getting out about this school, so class size is now up to 24 kids per class, but that is not the school's fault.

This is an exceptional school. My Son is attending his third year here since Kindergardten. The teachers are excellent and very organized. The Principal is outstanding with her leadership and excellence in administration.

This is a fabulous school -- mostly due to the principal, Denise Mengani, who has more intelligence and common sense in her small finger than most school bureaucrats have in their whole bodies. I have one son who went there for three years and one who went for for four years. In those 7 years many things happened that could have been issues/problems/crises and they were always handled incredibly well by Mrs. Mengani and her outstanding staff. But the culture of a school is always set by the top.

My son attends Kindergarten in this school. He loves it and I do too. The teacher is very patient, engaging, and enthusiastic. Once my boy had some issue with another one who kept saying "bad words" to him. We talked to the teacher and she took care of it the second day. The class size is not small (around 20, with only one teacher), but I blame the economy and school district for that, not the school.

Our son has gone to KG, Grade 1 and now in Grade 2 at this school. The teachers are engaging, my son loves his school and wants to be there. The principal is very involved. The only negative I can say is that the class size has been slowly going up based on the number of kids moving into the district.

Excellent teachers and challenging academic programs that empower the student to learn. Parents are involved in all aspects of the school.

Our family moved to this area two years ago. My daughter attended Hawk for Kindergarten and 1st grade. We have been extremely satisfied with the teachers and with the level of work that they are doing. My daughter is going into second grade is now an extremely confident reader and writer. She is also very successful in math. I am very happy with Maurice Hawk as the start to our daughter's schooling. Our son starts next year!

Last modified Maurice Hawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3