Westampton, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted September 10, 2014
As a graduate of FAW and I could not say enough about this school. Not only did FAW offer a rigorous curriculum, this school taught and instilled in its students, the importance of kindness, love, and respect. If you are looking to send your child to a school with excellent values, challenging course work, and administration with passion, it would be in your best interest to send your child here. After my years at FAW, I have thus gone on to graduate from Rutgers University with honors and currently work in Manhattan in the Human Resources profession. I truly accredit FAW for teaching me compassion and fostering my love for helping others. The teachers here helped prepare me for High School, college, and the real world . Further, the immense work of the staff far surpassed anything I had seen at my public high school.The head of school is a living example of the compassionate Quaker values; she is a kind, giving, and dedicated woman who spent countless hours to ensure the success of this institution and her students. Having left the school numerous years ago, I felt compelled to write a review because when a school makes that much of an impact on your life, it is worth every penny

Friends Academy Of Westampton 2

Posted August 01, 2014
I am a parent of a child at FAW and I recently received my welcome back packet. I was eager to read all the information about the upcoming school year, but then I came across the section about the newest staff member. I was very displeased to read that my child's favorite teacher had "left FAW to move on to other pursuits". What displeased me the most about this is the fact that this "claim" is completely false. This staff member did not leave the school- she was not invited back courtesy of the Head of School. I find it appalling to think the HOS would make it seem like this staff member left and abandoned her students. Many of the parents know this teacher was not invited back, but I wanted to put it out there for those who may not know and have been misled to think otherwise. My child is heartbroken, and I'm sure many other students are as well. One of the finer points of this school is the teaching staff, which is why I'm saddened to see the negative direction the school leadership is taking this school. This may very well be my child's last year at this school.

Posted July 18, 2014
We sent two of our kids there. They both really loved it and are better prepared academically than their friends who went to public school. I don't know why those other reviewers would slam the school administration or imply that the head or staff wrote good reviews, other than they are disgruntled or they or their kids were asked to leave for being problems. Can't please everyone I guess. I always found the head of the school and the teachers to be caring, always availabel to me, great with kids and really interested in helping students improve (including my two!). Anyway, the school is great, it's affordable, the teachers are really interested in the success of students, the campus is really nice and there is a true sense of family, diversity and community. I only wish they had a high school there too!

Posted June 02, 2014
exceptional school!! you will be very happy if you send your children to this school. It far exceeded my expectations.

Posted June 02, 2014
Friends Academy of Westampton is a school where your child will receive a world class education as well as individualized attention. I have been at this school for six years and my children are performing at a very high level. In my experience I have found the Head of School to be concerned and diligent in matters concerning the safety of the school and the Academics. If you want your kids to be able to compete for one of the slots in a competitive Private School you should consider this school.

Posted June 02, 2014
Friends Academy is a school that prides itself in a rich and advanced curriculum. The class size is small so your child receives a lot of individualized attention. The Head of school is approachable and cares very deeply about the students safety and academic achievement. The children are way above most public schools in New Jersey in Math, Science, Reading and Writing. They actually learn the beginning stages of writing a research paper in the 4th grade. The school is second to none and you will be very happy if your children attended school here. The only negative is that we do not have a High School and the children have to move on after 8th grade.

Posted April 16, 2014
I m shocked to see the negative comments. They can t be talking about the same school my son attends. My son was unhappy at the public school he previously attended. At Friends Academy of Westampton he is very happy. The teachers are awesome. The academics are challenging but there s personal attention and CARING. The Friends philosophy is about goodness, fairness and kindness. What more can you ask for? But there is much more: amazing middle school dances, fun after school clubs, sports teams that play against other schools, affordable before/after school care, affordable lunch program , modern school campus with large gym and different buildings close together that still give the feel of a middle school for older kids, recess every day at lunch, even for older kids, Specials every week throughout the year, even for older kids, relevant class discussions and presenters, Spanish as a major subject, older kids serve as role models for younger kids, and all kids help out on service projects. Honestly, I could go on and on. This is a special little school - you will not be sorry if you send your children here. This is the best thing I ever did for my child!

Posted April 04, 2014
After reading the post from 2/9, I feel compelled to share our experience at FAW. We came to the school several yrs ago w/ hopes of a solid education as well as a diverse, warm & respectful environment for our child to build a foundation upon. The school has far exceeded those expectations! The curriculum taught is challenging & exceptional. By no means are the students behind any district, let alone 'ALL'. The education they are receiving is top notch! They are being taught not only to excel academically, but as responsible members of society - to respect themselves & one another & be active participants in the school community as well as their own. Leading that charge are the INCREDIBLE teachers, staff & administration! They are creative, supportive, inventive, responsive & have a genuine interest in seeing the kids do well. I am supremely confident that the educational & personal foundations built at FAW will undoubtedly be carried forward as our child grows into a productive, involved & caring adult. If you are a parent making the decision on whether or not to send your child to FAW - go visit the school & see for yourself. That is what we did & we are forever grateful.

Posted April 03, 2014
I am very thankful to my parents for having me at this school and most of all to the teachers who are so caring and showing their passion through teaching. The teachers and the Head of School really create an exceptional academic atmosphere to excel at any school. FAW will never be forgotten!

Posted April 03, 2014
It s with sadness I am about to graduate from Friends Academy of Westampton. This is an AWESOME place to learn! The school community is very friendly starting from the Head of School to the teachers and support staff. FAW is a diverse community that embraces all regardless of religion or ethnicity; you are not just a number but a valuable member of the school community. Your creativity and ideas are respected and embraced. The school is small with a student body of about 185; nonetheless, the quality of education is EXCELLENT and gives students admission to many top notch schools with a promising tomorrow. Students who graduated from FAW really went to great schools such as: Moorestown Friends School, George School, St.Timothy, The Lawrenceville School, Peddie School, The Pennington School and many other top tier schools. FAW is not only the genesis of my academic success but also many other students before me, and surely many more students to come. The dynamic of the school gave me the opportunity to receive the best education such as admission to many of the schools listed above. It is an honor to be a student at FAW since Pre-K.

Friends Academy Of Westampton
315 Bridge Street, Westampton, NJ  08060
Last modified Friends Academy Of Westampton is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Friends Academy Of Westampton Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top