PK-4 & Ungraded
Williamstown, NJ

Posted February 26, 2014
I love Radix! I have 2 children in the school. One is in kindergarten and the other is in 3rd grade. The school is very well secured. The principal is really involved with the school and very easy to talk to. The teachers are easily accessible through email or face to face. There are so many activities at this school for parents to be involved in! The layout is perfect. The kindergarteners are in their own separate wing of the school and to get to their wing when your in the school you need to be buzzed in because the doors are always locked which is great. Once you walk into the main entrance you can only go to the office because the kindergarten wing and the rest of the school is locked which is fantastic for parents to know that their kids are safe.

Radix Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2013
my child attends "1/2 day" kindergarten. "half day" is about 2 hours so I wouldn't really call that a half day. technically 2 1/2 hrs but the first and last 15 min of the day are about getting on and off the bus, attendance, bookbags, etc. radix is relatively secure and safe but in some ways to a fault as parents do not even know the names or emails of other parents in the class which makes it difficult socially to set up play dates and develop relationships invite classmates to parties etc. if your child is "progressing" you will only meet with the teacher face to face one brief moment for the entire school year . we are almost to april and there have not been any field trips or school plays in which our kindergarten participated. they dont have snack time or recess because the "day" is so short so the kids really miss out on the social aspect i think. it seems that if your child has special needs or is academically challenged they get more attention and one on one time. if your kid is average to smart they won't get much personal attention. my child is learning but doesnt really know the kids in the class. they need to have more activities that make parents & kids more involved

Radix Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2011
not happy about the still no full day kindergarten, it was suppose to be full day when my son turned 1, he will be 5 in july. i think the school needs to think about the transition factors for these kids who do a half day kindergarten and then a full day of first grade, it is not an easy transition, i know because i have to boys in 4th grade at radix and from kindergarten to first it was tough! we pay enough school taxes that this should not even be an issue! Radix needs to get with the times and be full day kindergarten

Posted June 17, 2011
I have 2 children in Radix, 4th and 2nd grade, they've been in the school for 2 yrs. The school is visually appealing and welcoming in appearance which helps set a good tone upon starting the day. All of the teachers I've encountered have communicated well with me re: my children's progress or behavior. Many extracurricular activities are offered to keep parent's involved at the school or notified of community events. This is a national school of character and this years theme focused on instilling the value of sharing and doing positive and random acts of kindness. I'm pleased that my children aren't only being challenged academically but are also being challenged to be productive members of society. My 3rd grade daughter was struggling in Math in Washington Twp. School district which used the 'EveryDay Math' program. She cried every day and suffered from low self esteem despite extra assistance. After transferring to Radix Elementary which uses a different Math program I've seen marked improvement in her Math skills and she's much more confident in herself.

Posted February 08, 2011
This is a great school. Very caring teachers and helpful staff. My daughter has ADHD and has always received great support from everyone.

Posted June 01, 2010
This is an AWESOME elementary school. Caring teachers, wonderful character education, excellent community for you and your child.

Posted August 01, 2009
I have a child starting kindergarten this year and another son who will be going into his fourth year at Radix. He is going into third grade. This is an excellent school. I'm glad I checked out great schools.net before moving to Williamstown.

Radix Elementary School 0

Posted June 12, 2009
This is my daughter's second year there. She is in 2nd grade now and does nothing but talk about her wonderful teacher. She wants her teacher to move up to 3rd grade with her. Two thumbs up for Radix.

Radix Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted September 14, 2008
I love radix! Everyone is so nice and welcoming...they really go above and beyond to help our children. They have a fabulous PTA and really encourage parent envolvement at all levels....whatever time you can give. The school is a national school of character...and character development and values are part of every day life at radix.

Radix Elementary School
363 Radix Rd, Williamstown, NJ  08094
Last modified Radix Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Radix Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top