K-4 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Posted March 09, 2015
My kids have had awesome teachers. The staff is supportive, understanding, and welcoming. I have found that even with all the teachers have to face they have time to individualize and differentiate in order to meet individual students needs. My son feels safe and never complains about school.

Posted August 29, 2014
The teachers and principal of this school are caring and professional. I am very pleased that my son attends this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school has an excellent principal who makes everyone welcome. I was a little apprehensive at first due to the immense size of the school itself, and the student body. over 600 kids and it only goes up to fourth grade! The staff is excellent and there is more than enough of them to handle individual student needs. My daughter started kindergarten here this year and we are very happy so far, especially her!

Posted December 02, 2010
When we moved back to NJ we searched for good schools first. Our 3 kids have received an excellent education at Oak Knoll. The teachers and staff do a great job. Luckily our kids earn good grades and have no discipline issues. The recent rebuilding is excellent. As far as class sizes being too big, I agree but that is more a function of Williamstown housing growing faster than its infrastructure. The only way to correct it is build more schools (higher taxes) or stop building. It would be a huge plus if full day kindergarten was offered. It has been in the works for at least the last 4 years. It is state mandated but it has never happened. Overall we are very satisfied with the quality of the education our kids received, with the staff, and the administration.

Oak Knoll Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2010
Nice school in genera, but if you need a meeting with the child study team watch out their rude and dont introduce them selves. The teacher looked scarred the appointment was at 1: 30 and they tell me we have to hurry because the teacher has to be back to class in 25 minutes when I told them my daughters therapies was coming they looked bothered thank god he did or I would of walked out of their with no help for her, like many parents do. They were very rude and should be ashamed .

Oak Knoll Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2007
I am not satisfied with Oak Knoll School. There are to many students in the class for one teacher, students who need help does not receive it. There isn't extracurricular activities in the school, maybe it is because it is the grade school. What I do like about the school is family night, there is no homework once a month. That night is spent family time.

Oak Knoll Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
Good principal, good teachers. Too many kids in 1st grade classes 27-29 kids with no teachers aids. No real chance to work with special kids or challamnge advanced kids

Posted November 19, 2004
Oak Knoll is an excellent elementary school. The teachers, aides, administration, and students seem to mesh together like one large happy family. The basic skills staff and resource teachers go above and beyond when assisting children in need. My daughter is in first grade and loves going to school each day. Her teacher is lovable, kind and nurturing as well as dedicated to each child's educational experience. I am extremely pleased with the high quality of teaching taking place in the school. Just walking around the hallways during parent-teacher conferences I was overwhelmed with the excellent quality of work hanging on the walls. I felt very welcomed by all staff members that I met. I could feel the warmth and I can see the excitement in my daughter's eyes when she talks about her experiences at school each day.

Oak Knoll Elementary School
23 Bodine Avenue, Williamstown, NJ  08094
Last modified Oak Knoll Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Knoll Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top