Willingboro High School

Public | 9-12 & ungraded | 938 students

Posted May 17, 2014

I have grown up in Willingboro and have seen some significant increase in education and behavior. The school is what you make it if your child does well the evxperience will be a great one.

Posted May 17, 2014

This school has a great honors program and children can really benefit from the classes and education. Its all about the way your child does in the school.

Posted May 17, 2014

I just came to this district and my child has been having a great experience at this school. The counselours, teachers, and other staff members are well mannered and cooperative.

Posted August 9, 2013

I moved out of Willingboro 2 years ago and this was the best decision I ever made. Maple Shade has provided my children with transportation, books, and teachers who care!!! When my son was 5 they had him on the bus scheduled to Willingboro High. Lost his records and I had to do everything all over again after he was in school for entire year. The STATE OF NJ should hold their heads in shame. Why should our children learn from hand outs...share books but our school tax rise. I am now looking for a larger home and I would not go back to that school district if W E Debois was teaching.

Posted May 19, 2011

WILLINGBORO AS A WHOLE HAS GONE DOWN. THE SCHOOLS SUCK. I HAVE A CHILD IN WHS AND LOOKING TO GET HIM OUT ASAP. THE TEACHERS AND STAFF ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND "GHETTO". I REGRET PULLING MY SON OUT OF NYC SCHOOL. ITS UNFORTUNATE FOR ALL IN WILLINGBORO, BECAUSE THERE ARE VERY LITTLE CHOICES OF SCHOOLS FOR OUR KIDS. THERE ISNT ENOUGH RECREATIONAL FACILITIES FOR THE TEENS, ESPECIALLY THE BOYS. TOO MUCH TIME ON HAND LEADS TO TROUBLE. PLANNING ON MOVING OUT OF WILLINGBORO, POSSIBLY BACK TO NYC.

Posted September 6, 2010

This school system is horrible. The high school is out of control. There is no money for books, our children are sharing books from class to class or the teachers are using copied handouts to teach with. This school deserves the rating that Greatschools has given them. My daughter learned absolutely nothing in the 2 years that she has been there. She will be a junior this year and I will not be sending her back. At this rate, she will not be getting into a good college and may well be going to community college if I don't get her out of this school system. It is terrible. If you are moving into Willingboro, I strongly suggest enrolling your child into a private school.

Posted July 19, 2010

As a student a Willingboro High I can say that we, like any other school, we have our behavioral problems no more that any other school. The economic situation has put our school back in some department. But we have recently acquired new text books for all of our U.S. history students. This coming year I will be attending the eleventh grade and I am happy at Willingboro High School.

Posted October 3, 2009

great activities, great teachers

Posted September 6, 2009

Willingboro is what you make it. As an Alum of the school I know how it can get, but any student at the HS who has a good head on their shoulders and takes advantage of the opportunities that are present can succeed easily. I graduated from Willingboro and went on to Howard University on a full ride scholarship, on top of numerous other accolades, and I doubt that could have been possible without Willingboro and all its given me.

Posted August 1, 2008

Schools are overcrowded. Not enough books for all the children. Needs major improvements. I was a former student of the system and now to have children in this system is horrible. Decided to move.

Posted July 23, 2007

I am a student at willingboro high and i do not believe everyhting is to be blamed on the board of education and the school but the parents also. Many parents aren't involved but sit there and complain. Many students come to school and do not have the intentions of learning but to sit there and talk all day and hang with other students.

Posted September 18, 2006

Just Moved to Willingboro 4 months ago and the high school is terrible its like a zoo in there no authority . every mad about lack of disciplent. The board of education should b ashame of the way willingboro high school is being conducted

Posted January 24, 2005

The educational face of WHS has changed greatly since I graduated. I was a student that was average to slightly above average and I remember my guidance counselor railroading me with my succeeding academic career. My nephew attended WHS and was not given any textbooks to bring home. I find this to be very disturbing because how can a student back up what they have learned. Our students do not know how to study because the materials are not made readily available to them. I cannot fault WHS solely, I feel as though the parents of this township need to become more involved in their child's academic career. Parents do not attend conferences as they should nor do they attend events. In order for our children to succeed, we have to be proactive together in the lives of our children and students, to help them acheive.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 18, 2004

I find this High school lacking in too many areas, I sent my very academic son to the local votech school instead. Willingboro HS kept a sub in the chem class for a whole year! I worked here as a substitute for several years before certification came through, Willingboro at the time had 8 ditto machines while the school I taught at nearby had only one! (that was 20 years ago) now all teachers are better prepared since they have to have those copies made several days ahead of time.I hope that Mr Tull leaves his office every now and then. The School board 'listens' to the voters when given good ideas, lets those good ideas slide.

Posted August 23, 2004

I feel that the school should have more parental involvement. I believe that the board of ed. should stop trying to force a uniform policy and start enforcing the rules already sets. They should not make new rules until the old ones are being followed properly.

Posted May 6, 2004

As a parent of 2 willingboro high school students I beleive that there is a lot of room for improvement, although, no school is perfect I find as a parent I have more than offered my time to the school, there Is no linking of relationships with principle and his team. Some of the curriculum thats offered does not even have books to give the students. Mr. Tull & the superintendent Mr. Kitrell really need to concentrate on the students and forming better relationships with the parents, not the willingboro police force, the high school is a learning environment not a jail.

Posted August 25, 2003

As a recent parent of a graduated student, i found that Mr.Tull has taken on a large responsiblity and is doing a fine job of turning around the school. He makes the students feel apart of the process and he has time for them as well. however, some of the teachers need to retire since they have been in the system for a long time and what we need is fresh new ideals to get the school back on track. I would like to see our school rise once again in the ratings where it was about 20 years ago. This school system was ranked one of the top in the nation back in the 70's. Mr.Tull keep up the good work that you are doing with the students.

Posted June 20, 2003

I am a recent graduate of Willingboro High School, and I now attend Columbia University. WHS is a great school for smart kids, who have the advantage of honors & AP teachers who are knowledgable in their fields. If your child is average to below average, WHS may not be the place for him or her. Kids like that tend to get railroaded by 'guidance' counselors and caught up in the extraneous aspects of high school culture. The extracurriculars are great, and the sports and music programs are outstanding.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 92% in 2013.

207 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

2010

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

207 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

2010

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA) to test students in grade 11 in language arts literacy and math. The HSPA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Jersey. Students are required to pass the HSPA in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts Literacy

Special educationn/a
General education53%
Not migrant41%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the New Jersey Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

n/a

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Biology Competency Test (NJBCT) to assess students in Biology. The New Jersey Biology Competency Test (NJBCT) is standards-based, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the test.

Biology I

Special educationn/a
General education10%
Not migrantn/a

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Below average

Test score rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

College readiness rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

SAT participation

SAT college ready

Graduation rate

1 This rating is based on 2012-13 NJ ASK, HSPA, and/or NJBCT results from the New Jersey Department of Education.

2 This rating is based on composite SAT scores, ACT/SAT participation, and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2012-13.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 46%N/A34%

• Ms Nadine Tribbett

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

20 J F Kennedy Way