Bad
Good

My child is a student at GE and has been here since Pre-K year. My child has had much success academically and that is due to the support of the caring staff and administration. Every school has it's problems and GE is no exception. I would like to see more parent participation rather than complaints. We as a community need to work together with the schools and the district to rise above. A first step would be to pariticapte in school events, attending School Board Meetings, and voting for the School Budgets. It's sad to see so much negative talk and never any action. I challenge all parents, staff, and other community members to do your part to help GE strive to be a shining star in not only Willingboro, but the state of New Jersey!

My child is currently in the 4th grade at GE. When she began kindergarten and first grade I thought the teachers did a great job but I began to see a lack in both effort and care in the teachers. My daughter has suffered and is behind. I feel like I must struggle to get a 2nd job to pay for a private education or move to a town with a better school system. I feel that the teachers dont care if my child makes it or not. I am left with the responsibilty of teaching my child what they briefly review in class. I now understand the bad stories I have heard about the Willingboro School System. If you have the option dont move here or send your child to private school so they dont have to play catch up.

Garfield East has gone down hill since my daughter first started to attend in pre-school. She's now in second grade and I've had numerous problems with this school. They've changed hands 3 times since she's attended and this is their third principle. Children's academic progress is not a focus of this school. However, children with behavioral issues get the attention while students that are doing well academically suffer.

This school gets no ratings from me. My child attended this school since kindergarden. The teachers seem to stop caring about the children around the third grade. My child never learned how to write in cursive. The teachers tend to loose focus about why they are there. If your child is struggling with a subject, they tend let you know that it's his/her problem not theirs. I moved my child out of this school after 4th grade. I only wish I did it sooner. I think the teachers should be held accountable for not teaching these children.

I feel this school ignores children who are not the 'shining stars.'

My daughter just completed her first year of preschool at Garfield East and I must admit I had a pleasant experience with the preschool department as well as the school. The staff is very friendly and the students seem happy to be there which makes life easier knowing that your child is in a happy but most of all safe environment.

My children have attended GE for three years now. I continue to be impressed with the level of dedication of the staff. The academic program continues be impressive. The leadership of the current principal is exceptional, she can regularly be found greeting students and monitoring classes. She is always helpful and I know that my children are in a safe learning environment.

Last modified Garfield East Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.