Bad
Good

This school is awesome. Please don't let the 5 fool you. My son began first grade a little behind but his teacher is fabulous. She has helped him immensely. She cares Abouther students. she noticed his improvement and emailed us right away. The new principal is a great leader. She is always there and knows her students. The school is clean and runs like a well oiled machine. Parents are involvesd, many times the they run out of seats for school functions due to high turnout. I am very happy with this school. My son has not experience any bullying or behavioral disruptions. He is happy, feels safe and learning. That is all I ask for. Keep up the great work WRJ!

My children have been going to WR James for several years. Last year I was very unhappy with the school and considered requesting a transfer to another school within the district. I am glad I waited though, because I am happy to report that this school year (2013-2014) has so far been much better. The new principal (she was the vice principal last year, but became principal this year) greets every student personally and seems genuinely concerned with the well-being of her students. The new vice principal appears to very supportive in helping the principal administer to the needs of the students, and together they make a fantastic team. I am very pleased with the direction the school is taking this year. Also, the counselor in the building is top-notch and goes above and beyond to assist the students. Keep up the good work!

Parents of children with special needs should know that this year, the special education class consist of K, 1St,2nd and 3rd grade. I think there is one 3rd grader. The teacher is attempt to teach to all these different levels. I also discovered that the students are not included in any specials with the other students in their grade level. Specials (music, art, library and gym) are held seperate from the regular classes. It saddens me to see the segregation of the special needs children. I fight at every turn for my son; however, I think it is time to relocate.

I am the same parent who wrote the review on attitude and perception. (2 reviews down.) Do not give up parent! Fight for your child's right to a quality education. Let teachers, school administrators, and district administrators know - in writing - what's been going on and what are your expectations. Please do not think, "Oh, I don't want to step on anybody's toes." Many of us in our communities think that way. We have to remember we are our children's no. 1 advocates. The so-called powers that be have no choice but to listen when we decide to speak (respectfully but firmly). Our children depend on us and model us. Let's set a good example - whether we are 2 people or 202 people! Let your voice be heard!

I have been lucky, my children have had amazing teachers. For the last 2+ years I have been voicing my concerns to the W.R. James administration and elevated many concerns to the District Super. Many children arrive at 830 and there is no faculty supervision until 8:40- and the supervision is minimal. I have physically removed children from the line for fighting because the staff was not paying attention, or the area was to crowed for them to see. To add to it, buses pull up to the curb,t inches away from the 3-5th grades. It is chaos, and it took several calls and message to get a response from the principal- and no action was taken. There was gender segregation at recess that took roughly 2 months to fix- and not once in that 2 month period were my calls with the WR James administration answered. I emailed the District Super. and CC'd the entire school board. If you care about your children's safety and education, I recommend finding another school. The culture in this district concerns me, last night I went to see my daughter sing at the Spring Gala and an older woman on the faculty played a Trey Songz song "bottoms up"- completely inappropriate for a school/ family event.

I am the parent of a third grader. My daughter loves her school! The teachers are first rate and the academic programs are challenging!

I have had two children attend WR James school and I have nothing but wonderful experiences there. The teachers are caring and totally First rate! The principal challenges each of the students and teachers alike to put forth their best efforts in accomplishing their goals and to never settle for mediocracy! My children have been Blessed to have had a Pennypacker/WR James Elementary School Experience!

I think the principal at this school is doing a great job for what she is given. My only problem is the school is in dire need of fixing up. Very old.... I think for the taxes we pay in Willingboro the schools should have some fixin up.

This school is doing the best it can with what the administration allows. The staff is nice; the principal is caring; the office staff is friendly. The main concern is the lack of parental involvement. The parents who don't come to the meetings are the first to complain and point the finger. Discipline is a problem, but this should start at home and some parents need to 'step up the plate' and support the school with the discipline codes. Another problem is the students lack of concern in doing assignments. It would serve the child well if some parents would be concerned about their child completing assignments rather than moving on to the next grade with a 'D' or 'F' average. Overall, the staff is one of the best in the district.

This is my children's first year in the school. I haven't had any problems with the students or staff. For the most part I love!! it and so do my children. I have a 1st and 3rd grader that attend the school and they love their teachers (Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Lamb)

Last modified W R James Sr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.