No rating

St Cecelia School

Private | PK-8 | 204 students

Living in Woodbridge...

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $227,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,780.

Posted January 12, 2014

I had attended St. Cecelia's School from the 3rd through 8th grades (and I'm now 60 years old)! My husband attributes the wonderful life we've built together due, in strong part, to the excellent foundation I'd received at St. Cecelia's. (He went to local public 'government' schools, where education was taken much more "loosely", though cost spent per child was considerably higher). I'm now a practicing dentist in San Diego, and have always attributed my attention to detail and quest for knowledge as motivated by the fine nuns who'd really "cared" at St. Cecelia's School. I'm back in Colonia for a visit, and it makes me sad that the school is now closed. It was truly a fine school, and it's closing was a real loss to the community.

Posted June 24, 2013

This school is now closed. What made it a good school was the leadership of Sister Margaret, the principal, who looked after everyone and who set students straight, ON MORAL GROUNDS, when mean-spirited behavior crept in. Under-enrollment was the cause of the closing. What led to that was too many parents who sent their kids their for the wrong reasons, and too many parent cliques, both of which dampened moral and discouraged parent involvement from a diverse cross-section of the school, for fund-raising, recommending and promoting new enrollment, etc.

Posted February 24, 2012

Close family atmosphere with active parent base. The teachers are dedicated and caring. Truly a Christ-centered environment which allows the students to excel. $33,000.00 worth a scholarship monies were awarded to eighth graders this year to attend Catholic High School. Expect Great Things at St. Cecelia School, Iselin

Posted February 3, 2012

I was educated at St. Cecelia's School and really feel this base academic education set me up for success as I furthered my education at The University of Scranton obtaining my undergrad in community health and now my Masters of Science in Public Health. The early development of my moral outlook along with structured educational taught me how to learn and share my talent and compassion far beyond the walls of this excellent school.

Posted January 25, 2012

My daughter got her Honor Role student certificate today and she relishes the fruit of her labor at school, which would not be possible, if not for the teachers & the Principal. I feel confident and secure that I have made the right choice for her to school at St Cecelia's and that she will reach high levels in both her personal & public life because of the sound values being taught to her, since the day she enrolled.

Posted January 16, 2012

I am a non-catholic hindu parent. Have 3 children all going to same school. My oldest will be graduating from 8th this year. One of the greatest plus of this school is Diversity and Acadamic excellance. With available 7 AM to 6:30 PM before and after care (where kids actually are made to sit and finsh their homework ) at the school premises, makes commuting toNYC a breeze. Excellent teachers. Iam not sure what else to add here :)

Posted July 12, 2011

I went to St. Cecelia for ten years. I appreciated the values they taught me. I felt prepared when I went to high school. It's a very loving and accepting environment. You really feel like family. Though the downside was some teachers with temperamental issues and playing favorites. I still had a great time there.

Posted February 18, 2010

To me, the safety of my children is the number one priority in choosing a school. I was very disturbed by the recent horror stories on the news about kids being bullied to take their own lives and I felt relieved that my children do not have to endure similar kind of hostility in school. St. Cecelia school has a 'no bully' policy, whether official or unofficial. The kids are generally very well disciplined and respectful. My children started in Kindergarten and they never had any problems with other kids in school. I like the small school environment where the kids all know one another. But because it's a small school, the extra curricular activities might not be comparable to what a bigger or public school can offer.

Posted January 15, 2010

My daughter started the Little Scholars program in Pre-K3 and she loved it. She is now in Kindergarten and she can't wait to go to school each morning. I love the school's curriculum, Catholic values, the faculty and wonderful principal. The principal knows every child name in the school and that tells me how much she cares. My son will be starting Pre-K in September and he is looking forward to going base on what his sister tells him. The atmosphere, the parents involvement is awesome. Both my kids will be there until 8th grade, wonderful school, I would recommend anyone.

Posted January 14, 2010

We love this school. This is my son's second year at St Cecelia's and I am very pleased. The teacher's and faculty are great.

Posted January 14, 2010

This is a great school !!! My oldest daughter attended and is now in college to become a teacher herself. My youngest daughter is doing great, has lots of friends and loves the after school activities. Great teachers and faculty. Both the parish and the school are very tight with the community.

Posted January 14, 2010

Both my children have attended St. Cecelia. Pre-K through 8th grade, the education they received was excellent and has contributed to their success in high school. The teachers are wonderful and make sure every child reaches their fullest potential. There is a strong sense of family and community. St. Cecelia School provides a strong academic education in a warm and caring enviroment. A wonderful experience for both the children and their parents, I strongly recommend.

Posted January 14, 2010

I am very happy with my children attending St. Cecelia's. Both my children started in the PK program and they are now in 6th & 7th grades. I love that the school is small in size. My children are not overlooked, as can be the case where the classes are too big. The teachers are incredible and are there because they want to make a difference. My children have advanced with the same group of children for the last 7 & 8 years. They are like family. It is a very warm and positive environment for my children. I have another child who will be attending Kindergarden in September and I can't wait. I know he is going to have a wonderful experience as my other children have. I would highly recommend St. Cecelia's.

Posted January 14, 2010

My daughter is in Kindergarten, and I am very pleased with St. Cecelia's. She is excelling in Math for her age, and I love that the children are exposed to Spanish class. The school is very oriented to family and strong values, so I think it is a great place for children.

Posted January 14, 2010

My child has been at St. Cecelia school since starting PreK at 3 years old. We have found the school to be excellent in the areas of academics, teacher involvement, parent involvement with the Home School Assoc. and overall family atmosphere and Catholic values. I hope to have my child enjoy her entire grammer school education at this school.

Posted December 10, 2009

My son has been going to St. Cecelia's since Pre K. He started in the Little Scholars program and we are so happy that we chose St. Cecelia's. The faculty and the principal are wonderful with the children and my son looks forward to going there each and every day. The curriculum combined with Catholic values he has learned along the way together with the family oriented atmosphere make sending him to private school worth it. We wouldn't change a thing.

Posted December 8, 2009

My son has been here for 6 years and loves it! He has special needs and the teachers have been very willing to work with us to give him the opportunities he deserves. Our daughter is now here as well - and she is fitting in very well. It is a very warm and caring environment and has a wonderful sense of community. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else!

Posted July 17, 2009

I find St. Cecelia's to be bias, and unfair you have teachers that play favorites and it is very obvious to some of the students who the favorites are. This may very well be a catholic School , but there are a few who should not not be in the religious sectar , nor should they be allowed to teach , do to the fact they do not have the temperament to deal with children. There are basically two Kingdoms: a Kingdom of light and a kingdom of darkness .It seems strange to have those who walk in darkness educate children of light. IT DOESN'T FIT

Posted June 5, 2009

Great school, the Principal is very responsible. great curriculam..a a very healthy enviornment

Posted March 15, 2009

We are very pleased with the excellent academic program and overall environment at St. Cecelia's. Our children really enjoy going to school here.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 54% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Metuchen

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

45 Wilus Way