PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I had attended St. Cecelia's School from the 3rd through 8th grades (and I'm now 60 years old)! My husband attributes the wonderful life we've built together due, in strong part, to the excellent foundation I'd received at St. Cecelia's. (He went to local public 'government' schools, where education was taken much more "loosely", though cost spent per child was considerably higher). I'm now a practicing dentist in San Diego, and have always attributed my attention to detail and quest for knowledge as motivated by the fine nuns who'd really "cared" at St. Cecelia's School. I'm back in Colonia for a visit, and it makes me sad that the school is now closed. It was truly a fine school, and it's closing was a real loss to the community.

This school is now closed. What made it a good school was the leadership of Sister Margaret, the principal, who looked after everyone and who set students straight, ON MORAL GROUNDS, when mean-spirited behavior crept in. Under-enrollment was the cause of the closing. What led to that was too many parents who sent their kids their for the wrong reasons, and too many parent cliques, both of which dampened moral and discouraged parent involvement from a diverse cross-section of the school, for fund-raising, recommending and promoting new enrollment, etc.

Close family atmosphere with active parent base. The teachers are dedicated and caring. Truly a Christ-centered environment which allows the students to excel. $33,000.00 worth a scholarship monies were awarded to eighth graders this year to attend Catholic High School. Expect Great Things at St. Cecelia School, Iselin

I was educated at St. Cecelia's School and really feel this base academic education set me up for success as I furthered my education at The University of Scranton obtaining my undergrad in community health and now my Masters of Science in Public Health. The early development of my moral outlook along with structured educational taught me how to learn and share my talent and compassion far beyond the walls of this excellent school.

My daughter got her Honor Role student certificate today and she relishes the fruit of her labor at school, which would not be possible, if not for the teachers & the Principal. I feel confident and secure that I have made the right choice for her to school at St Cecelia's and that she will reach high levels in both her personal & public life because of the sound values being taught to her, since the day she enrolled.

I am a non-catholic hindu parent. Have 3 children all going to same school. My oldest will be graduating from 8th this year. One of the greatest plus of this school is Diversity and Acadamic excellance. With available 7 AM to 6:30 PM before and after care (where kids actually are made to sit and finsh their homework ) at the school premises, makes commuting toNYC a breeze. Excellent teachers. Iam not sure what else to add here :)

I went to St. Cecelia for ten years. I appreciated the values they taught me. I felt prepared when I went to high school. It's a very loving and accepting environment. You really feel like family. Though the downside was some teachers with temperamental issues and playing favorites. I still had a great time there.

To me, the safety of my children is the number one priority in choosing a school. I was very disturbed by the recent horror stories on the news about kids being bullied to take their own lives and I felt relieved that my children do not have to endure similar kind of hostility in school. St. Cecelia school has a 'no bully' policy, whether official or unofficial. The kids are generally very well disciplined and respectful. My children started in Kindergarten and they never had any problems with other kids in school. I like the small school environment where the kids all know one another. But because it's a small school, the extra curricular activities might not be comparable to what a bigger or public school can offer.

My daughter started the Little Scholars program in Pre-K3 and she loved it. She is now in Kindergarten and she can't wait to go to school each morning. I love the school's curriculum, Catholic values, the faculty and wonderful principal. The principal knows every child name in the school and that tells me how much she cares. My son will be starting Pre-K in September and he is looking forward to going base on what his sister tells him. The atmosphere, the parents involvement is awesome. Both my kids will be there until 8th grade, wonderful school, I would recommend anyone.

We love this school. This is my son's second year at St Cecelia's and I am very pleased. The teacher's and faculty are great.

Last modified St Cecelia School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8