PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

So disappointed that Mrs. Woodburn is gone, that so many things have changed and that the new principal is so oblivious to what is going on. Families are leaving and more will follow if things do not change. Can not believe that school let the relgious ed director dictate what can and can not happen during sacraments. These kids have been together since preschool and the fact that classes need to be divided is not right. If people can not afford a Catholic education that is not our problem, we find ways and means to send our children to catholic school, we should not have to share sacraments with the public school kids and not see our children's friends in the other class. This is just one of the examples that angers most people, along with the astronomical fee for being in the play and now paying the difference for class trips. I can only hope the administration and monsignor wake up before the school loses more students. It's now rumored that the middle grades are losing 2 teachers. These things would not have happen 2 years ago.

I have three children at this school. They've been here since pre-school. You will not find a more caring staff anywhere. The most wonderful part is that not only are the staff involved but all of the parents are involved as well. When you come to SJV you are welcomed into a beautiful Christ-centered community. The education is great. Children from the school are accepted to some of the best high schools and magnet schools and go onto bright futures. You will not find a better place to raise your children. The religious program is the icing on the cake. The behavior and values (religious and educational) taught to the children can not be matched.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I don't know how the teachers manage to teach students at all levels. Teachers also teach students to teach each other. They are always available for extra help as well. No students are left behind here.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some teachers could give more, some could give less but overall I'd say it was a fair amount. I'm happy with summer homework as well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is no match for this school in terms of how the staff, the associated church and the parents are involved in developing the children's sense of honesty, integrity and fairness. The moral fiber of the students is it's first and foremost priority.

My children have attended this school since 2011 and started in preschool. I could not be happier with their academic performances. I am not a product of Catholic school but wanted that faith based education for my children and I found that and more at SJV. They have made friends that will last a lifetime. I too have made wonderful friends with other moms who are very caring and compassionate people. SJV is more than a school community they are a family. The teachers and staff are exceptional and always there to help. My youngest is far ahead of my niece who is older and attends public school. This is the best decision I made absolutely no regrets.

This school was a huge disappointment to us. Teachers are below mediocre - will not a move a finger or put any enthusiasm into teaching. The bullying is ridiculous...nothing is done about it...Getting a meeting with my daughter's teacher was nearly impossible. She'd literally races out the door as soon as kids are dismissed. Parents say whatever they want, curse at staff and feel entitled with no repercussions. The Principal is just for show - she never has time for anybody or anything. She has taken all the fun out of school. The vice principal aka the warden...walks around intimidating the kids all day. I requested an appointment many times and the one response I get she is busy. The quality of education is just not there - the music, and p.e. departments are very weak as well, not to mention no art class. My daughters complains about the lunchroom atmosphere and boring/limited food choices. Needless to say we will not be coming back for next year.

My child is in 2nd and has a some trouble with math. The help he gets at SJV is incredible! The aides in the class are always there to help and the teachers are above and beyond patient and conduct their class to teach to all learning levels. I have another one signed up for Kindergarten in the fall and we are beyond excited! We love SJV!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are excellent. They are caring and always willing to stay to give help even for students that are not directly in their class or grade.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The older students are so helpful to the younger students. They are all polite and respectful. The mission of the school is God's Loving Light Shines through us and our actions. We foster that everyday in all we do. Parents, teachers and all staff encourage and promote these values daily.

Last modified St John Vianney Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8