Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Woodbridge Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 25, 2016
Mrs. Duffy Ms. McHale Ms. Wong Mr. Cianfano These teachers have all been so helpful in helping me keep my boys on track and up to date with assignments...THANKS for all you do!

Posted January 25, 2016
I have 2 boys who have just start WMS this September 2015. I must say that while the building is in shambles, that is no reflection of the teachers. As a teacher myself I would rather my children go to an ugly school with good teachers than a beautiful school with bad teachers. My sons have completely different classes and teachers, and I've had to contact several teachers for several different reasons and was always responded to quickly, professionally and in a caring way. Kudos to the 6th grade teachers. I'm happy and my boys are happy.

Woodbridge Middle School 2

Posted September 11, 2015
After a full year with my child at this school I have to down grade my previous review. The school had many issues this year with the students being evacuated several times due to the smell of gas. They are suppose to be installing a new boiler this year so I hope this doesn't happen again. The school is very old and even though there have been some upgrades, there were still many classrooms and areas of the school that had peeling paint & plaster hanging from the ceilings. The basement which the kids have classes in such as music and science had a bad odor and is run down in parts. The teachers and staff are great at this school, but unfortunately there are children sent from other schools in Woodbridge township who were suspended from their schools and wind up in this school. They have behavioral problems and disrupt the classes. Due to lack of funds & low parental involment the kids do not have many activities to enrich their education or school spirit events. The other Middle schools in Woodbridge seem to have a lot more going on for the kids and I have spoken to other parents regarding their children transferring out of this school into other schools in the township and were much happier. There is a new principal and I hope he can turn this school around for the better. Your child will get a basic middle school education here if you have to send them. My child liked most of the teachers here and that helped a lot. I hope things get better for the kids with this new school year.

Posted June 26, 2015
The Vice Principal is tough, yet approachable and the kids respect him. They should of kept the uniform BUT make it only two colors to wear. This way there is not too much saggy, tight and unproper clothing wearing. School does great in teaching levels for each child. WMS is proactive and proficient. 2 of my children attendend and I had now issues. Good school, keep up the great efforts!

Posted September 17, 2013
I have a Seventh Grader in WMS and I have nothing but good things to say. She has excelled academically. Every year she has had teachers who encourage her to develop, & really care about her future, give life lessons and encourage lifelong learning. The gifted program is great & the office staff is awesome. The are VERY up on safety, they know me well and still ask to see ID, even though we are in a good neighborhood, the principal stands outside to ensure students get in the building safely. My daughter once was weary about a suspicious car who approached a couple of kids asking questions and a notification was sent to all the parents and the next day the school had police presence in front of the school before and after school. The Vice Principal is tough, yet approachable and the kids respect him. two thumbs up from this mom.

Posted January 31, 2011
nice :) nice school in a nice neighborhood. the other comment about too many fights was about a school in perth amboy. my bad :)

Woodbridge Middle School 1

Posted January 19, 2011
There is not enough control over the students in this school. They could use some more discipline.

Posted April 01, 2009
By Teachers following rules shows students examples of adults doing the right thing. WMS is proactive and proficient

Woodbridge Middle School
525 Barron Avenue, Woodbridge, NJ  07095
Last modified Woodbridge Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodbridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top