K-5 & Ungraded
Woodbridge, NJ

Posted November 04, 2014
Ross Street School ..this school is so unorganized..Im so disappointed with the service offer to my child in special Ed i really believe all they care about is meeting a quota, meeting the state requirements as far as how many students in their special education program to get money from the state..getting the parents to sign paper and be done with you..Students walking around the hallway with no supervision, its not safe to me having all these people from outside fixing the school ceiling, and others things inside the school while the kids are in the school, walking in the hallway alone..this is the worst school in the district. As far as the new principal< i dont know her and have nothing to say about her

Posted June 23, 2014
the office staff is RUDE but what do you expect from their leadership? Principal Hahn is worthless & bully. the school is MUCH better without her. Wherever she is going, I feel bad for the students (MOST OF ALL), the parents who are going to have to be concerned about the bullying their children will receive from her & the office staff because she will try to do their jobs as well....

Posted April 22, 2014
I don't know each person's personal experience as to why they bashed Mrs Hahn or the low rating. But, my son has been there since kindergarten and is now in 5th grade, and I have seen great improvement since Mrs. Hahn became principal. I would have given 2 stars prior to her arrival. Mrs. Hahn spoke with her educators and found out the complaints of parents and fixed them. She is very involved. I would also like to give a shout out to Mr. Negron. I liked all the teachers my son had. The staff I didn't care for were replaced when Mrs. Hahn arrived. The office staff is not bubbly but they are efficient.

Posted April 18, 2014
Great school, great teachers and a wonderful principal. Unfortunately, the principal will be leaving at the end of the 2013-2014 school year. I would recommend this school hands down.

Posted December 26, 2013
I am surprised to see why Ross Street Elementary School is rated 5 out of 10, to me it is a big understatement. Our daughter loved and learned so much while going to the school. Both Mr. Weitz (1st Grade) and Mrs, Smith (2nd Grade) went above and beyond to establish personal connection to our daughter. We moved to Westfield in the middle of the year, but my daughter missed Ross Street so much she wanted to go back. I would like to mention that her teacher at elementary school in Westfield told us that she is well ahead of other students since she already knows most of the curriculum that other students in the class started to learn. I would like to mention Mrs. Hahn is a wonderful principal. Thanks Ross Street Elementary School.

Posted August 22, 2013
I had moved to Woodbridge and I didn't know what to expect when placing my child into the public school system. The school has exceeded my expectations in every way. The teachers are very caring and helpful, and the principal is outstanding. Mrs. Hahn goes above and beyond for the school and its students. My child loves it there!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
I was a former student at Ross Street School. I really miss the teachers who were so nice and always helped me with my work. I learned so much from them. It is a great school!!!

Posted April 23, 2013
My daughter attends first grade here. Ms. Mcnair is a very good teacher. My daughter is above level on everything. The school offers free before school tutoring for children who need it, which is wonderful and RARE... and Mrs. Haan is a wonderful principal.

Ross Street Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2012
Academically and technologically leaves a few things desired, but I do believe that the staff here really cares about the students. I am surprised to see people bashing Mrs. Hahn. She has never been anything but attentive and compassionate in all my dealings with her.

Posted February 05, 2012
If you want your son/daughter to be treated as the school mascot a "raccoon" then this is the place you should have them, plain and simple GARBAGE! The new principal Kimberly Hahn is a worthless, pathetic and most unprofessional individual I've met. She ridicules and chastises the children so beware and make sure to listen to your children and most of all stand up for your children or she will bully them. I had to report her to the Superintendent for all the shananigans she tried to pull with my child.

Ross Street Elementary School
Ross Street, Woodbridge, NJ  07095
Last modified Ross Street Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top