Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 30, 2015
Amy Coons and Amy Hynes, Roseann Mattoon, Ms Haras...these are fantastic teachers. We couldn't have been happier with our experience at Ross Street.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 30, 2015
Our homework load is appropriate for our kids' age (Rising 3rd graders). Focus on spelling, sentence structure and creative writing have paid dividends with their current reading level.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 30, 2015
Our son, on the Autism Spectrum, has always been taught to NEVER give up. His teachers have reinforced that every step of the way. It is why he has been successful in school and is reading well above grade level.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 30, 2015
The Ross Street rules get reinforced every day. Respect for self, Respect for others, Respect for Ross Street. A+

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 30, 2015
Our teachers are very communicative about issues arising among the students. They are very aware of the dynamics of social groups and we have felt very positive about how they've navigated that.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 30, 2015
Ross Street has implemented a comprehensive anti-bullying campaign. My kids' moral compass has been improved for having gone there.

Ross Street Elementary School 5

Posted June 30, 2015
I'm confounded by the ratings on this site regarding Ross St. Elementary in Woodbridge, NJ. I can tell you that our twins who just completed 2nd grade at Ross St. both had amazing teachers who did a great job. My son is on the Autism Spectrum and has been in the district since Early Intervention in Pre-K. The Child Study Team has been receptive of my involvement and proactive in implementing all the necessary modifications. He us currently reading at a 7th Grade level. If you watch the video on here entitled "dig deeper", I think you will see that the GS rating is somewhat deceptive. At Ross Street, at least 21% of the students are ESL. As a result, test scores suffer initially, but I think you'll notice an upward trend in proficiency over the grades. Our experience has been very positive. The school is safe, clean and the kids are happy. For Ross Street to be rated a 3? something is amiss in this evaluation. Matthew Jago in Sewaren is a Blue Ribbon school. It is often touted as the BEST in the township. Our son went there for Pre-K Early Intervention and we loved it. GS also has Jago rated as a 3. Dig deeper, folks. This site is misleading.

Ross Street Elementary School 2

Posted November 04, 2014
Ross Street School ..this school is so unorganized..Im so disappointed with the service offer to my child in special Ed i really believe all they care about is meeting a quota, meeting the state requirements as far as how many students in their special education program to get money from the state..getting the parents to sign paper and be done with you..Students walking around the hallway with no supervision, its not safe to me having all these people from outside fixing the school ceiling, and others things inside the school while the kids are in the school, walking in the hallway alone..this is the worst school in the district. As far as the new principal< i dont know her and have nothing to say about her

Ross Street Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
the office staff is RUDE but what do you expect from their leadership? Principal Hahn is worthless & bully. the school is MUCH better without her. Wherever she is going, I feel bad for the students (MOST OF ALL), the parents who are going to have to be concerned about the bullying their children will receive from her & the office staff because she will try to do their jobs as well....

Ross Street Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2014
I don't know each person's personal experience as to why they bashed Mrs Hahn or the low rating. But, my son has been there since kindergarten and is now in 5th grade, and I have seen great improvement since Mrs. Hahn became principal. I would have given 2 stars prior to her arrival. Mrs. Hahn spoke with her educators and found out the complaints of parents and fixed them. She is very involved. I would also like to give a shout out to Mr. Negron. I liked all the teachers my son had. The staff I didn't care for were replaced when Mrs. Hahn arrived. The office staff is not bubbly but they are efficient.

Ross St, Woodbridge, NJ  07095
Last modified Ross Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.