9-12 & Ungraded
Woolwich Twp, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,189

Kingsway Reg High School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
I am a current student here and would say that it is generally a good school. The teachers are understanding about things that may come up in the students' lives such as work, sports, family-related issues, etc. and will give extra time to study or hand in assignments where they see fit. One thing that seems to be an issue among students and parents is the way the school handles fights. If you hit another student, self defense or not, you are immediately arrested and suspended. Most schools in nearby towns do not have this rule. Anyone should have the right to defend themselves when harm is put upon them, without having to face these consequences. There also is a fair share of drug and alcohol abuse. Although the school tries to stop it as much as they can, there are still students who sell and use drugs, even the most extreme ones. There are plenty of girls who have bad reputations for themselves, even the freshmen girls. However, these issues are all present at other high school as well and there's no real way to prevent them. I do not believe a parent will regret sending their child here, as it is safer than some other high schools in the area, and the education

Posted August 25, 2014
I have been very pleased with Kingsway. My son graduated in 2010, my daughter graduates 2015 and my son will graduate 2018. The staff and teachers really get to know the students and show genuine concern for their learning. The teachers quickly communicate any issues or concerns and really avail themselves to help the students. My kids all have different academic abilities and I feel the teachers have challenged each of them to do better. The district is growing so the school has gotten more crowded but I think the administration has worked hard to keep class size down. Considering the state underfunding I think the school does well with academic outcomes.

Posted November 16, 2013
I'm a student at kingsway and these bad reviews are anything but the truth. At kingsway you get a great education. The teachers do care. What really matters about this is the student life. Our student body is like one big family. During pep rallies we all have school spirit. All I ever hear kids say is "I love my school." People act like drugs, fights, and bullying doesn't go on at every other school too. Our administration has done a profound job at helping our school. So bring your child to kingsway.

Kingsway Reg High School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
It is so disappointing to witness this school's steady decline. Last year Kingsway had a "9" rating from GreatSchools and now a "5." My child is so unchallenged and stated that 'the teachers don't teach and they don't care." There is daily fighting and bullying. The drug dogs rarely come up empty handed I'm told. The fact that the majority of families are paying high four- five figure taxes to live here and get this type of education in return baffles me. My child WILL NOT attend here next year.

Kingsway Reg High School 1

Posted November 16, 2012
Worse experiance ever. They simply don't care. I realize that years ago the school was known for it's quality and caring environment. No more. There are fights all of the time, violent fights. Drugs. Bullying. The teachers do not cooperate nor does administration. There is no support for kids with issues such as ADHD, the teachers pick and choose how they follow the 504 Plan. The culture is not supportive. It is sad that this has happened. Funny thing, after I pulled my kids, I suddenly received a survey asking why I pulled them. I suppose the hundreds of emails and phone calls were not clear enough.

Posted February 03, 2011
My children received the best education at this school and both went on to excellent colleges. I understand there is an overcrowding issue at this time, but once they correct it, everything will be just fine.

Kingsway Reg High School 2

Posted August 12, 2010
The school is overcrowded and it seems that the administration is overwhelmed. They are not responsive and parents have to jump through hoops to demonstrate that a problem exists. Basic bullying laws are not followed, evern when well documented. When admin is contacted they circle the wagons trying to exhaust the parent. Conversations are filled with ambiguity and simple documentation is not understood or purposely mis interpreted.

Posted July 02, 2010
My children graduated from Kingsway in 2005. They were extremely well prepared when they went to college. Both of our children graduated from challenging universities.

Kingsway Reg High School 3

Posted December 28, 2008

Kingsway Reg High School 0

Posted October 03, 2008
I am currently a jr. at Kingsway and although some students like to give it a bad reputation, the truth is that it is a great school. The teachers are unlike others and get students involved. Teachers are always there to help with your studies or if you just need advise. They prepare you for college and the rest of you life. We have so many extra curricular activities and clubs after school, as well as an excellent sports program. Kingsway is an amazing highschool for the simple fact that is prepares you better than anyone else, for the rest of your life educationally and in general.

Kingsway Reg High School
201 Kings Highway, Woolwich Twp, NJ  08085
Last modified Kingsway Reg High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingsway Reg High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top