Posted May 18, 2012
I am highly disappointed in this school. My child has been bullied the entire year and nothing was done about it. One time he finally stood up for himself and was given the same punishment as the other child. A woman in the administration was extremely condescending which made it difficult to communicate. He had a few great engaged teachers, and the rest seemed uncaring and burnt out. Unfortunately, they have had their share of deadbeat parents come through the system, and are quick to automatically treat all parents that way. My child is now enrolled in Father Hays private school, which seems to be the only real alternative in Alamogordo.

Posted February 24, 2012
Anyone who thinks that Mountain View is a bad school you are very wrong. I understand that everyone has their own opinion, but this school is a great school. The students that are bad choose to because they can't find anything else to do in the town. It's a small town, but growing. I am a former student of MVMS, and now in high school, the three years i was there were the best in my life. The teachers are great and so are the students. If your student was bullied they probably were not caught. The teachers don't tolerate bullying in the school. Also if you saw the bad side of the student body, there is a good side too. Don't judge an entire school just because of some students. This school and any of the other schools in the town are great. Even though i have only went to MVMS i know they are because of friends. The teachers will go to any length to help a student succeed in the classes. This school is a great place, and I would recommend this school to anyone with a student with a 6th-8th grader.

Posted January 24, 2012
I went to this school. They failed to notice my learning disability, and the time I spent there was absolute hell because of it. To be honest, you should probably just homeschool if you live in Alamogordo. The school system will fail your child. It turned me off public schooling for good, and I don't even live in the state anymore.

Posted September 30, 2010
I am very disappointed in this school. Kids are rude, bullies, and disrespectful. There does not seem to be any discipline for the kids that misbehave. The good kids are the ones who suffer. Teachers and kids cussing and teachers yelling at kids. I would not recommend this school to any one!

Posted May 28, 2009

Posted May 11, 2009
After working at this school for 9 years, I am sure that it is the best place for middle school students. We have an outstanding faculty, up to date facilities, and a wonderful student body. While we do not worry about shirts being tucked in, we do demand the best from our students. Every teacher is deicated to helping all students became the best they can. I am sorry that one parent was unhappy with our school, but it seem he/she was unhappy with the entire town. We welcome all parents and the community to visit our school and see the high caliber of learning that take place at the 'Home of the Jaguar.'

Mountain View Middle School 4

Posted September 06, 2008
As a teacher, I can understand some of the frustrations expressed by the other reviewers for Mountain View. I've only been teaching there just over a year, but I find that the administration is working diligently to improve the quality of the education as well as overcome the 'ghetto mentality'. Every child deserves a quality education even if their home conditions are sub-standard. The staff believes in our students' ability to be successful and we challenge them every day to go beyond what they think they're capable of. The education of our children is a community effort and I challenge every parent and concerned community member to raise the bar for our students and get involved in their education.

Posted April 12, 2007
I think this school is a good place kids to learn. The teachers are great and yeah their may be some problems but not that many. I think that every kid that goes to sixth grade to eighth should go to Mountain View. I went there from 6th to 8th grade and loved it(Now I'm a former student in high school)And now my little sister goes there.And she seems to love it there.

Posted October 03, 2006
We moved here this year from a good school district and have found this to be appalling. The ghetto mentality of the kids make this a horrible place for a student to feel safe and learn. My child has had things stolen and has been called names. This is a poor town where the endless cycle of poor performers/ human beings can be seen in several generations. The sad part is that students that do excel and move on to college never return to this town so there is an endless cycle of crime and people who do not care. Unfortunately there is only one school district in Alamogordo so you're stuck. Best bet is to keep an eye on the school and hope for orders.

Posted December 29, 2004

Mountain View Middle School
500 South Canyon Rd, Alamogordo, NM  88310
Last modified Mountain View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top