Alamogordo, NM

Posted July 29, 2013
I am a graduate of ADS and the staff is amazing! Without these people I would not have graduated on time. They devote their time and attention to the students to ensure success. For this I am thankful!!

Posted December 31, 2011
excellent school! I've heard several ppl say that ADS is not a good school. I have to disagree. We live in Abq and sent our daughter to live with my parents in Alamogordo so that she could go to ADS. The student to teacher ratio can't be beat. My daughter will be graduating on time with honors and will have 21 college credits!

Posted June 18, 2011
This school did so much for me. I was beginning my junior year when I had transferred over. I had very few credits and was scheduled 2 years behind of my class. The staff at Academy not only developed a plan to have me graduate in December of 2009 but they also convinced me to go to college. Even nearly 2 years after my time in Academy Del Sol when I go to visit, they are still happy to see me and even give me advice on the next step in my continuing academic career.

Posted December 28, 2010
Academy Del Sol alternative school is an amazing school. i havent gone but a year but the teachers not only care about teaching they care about the students. They arent there just for the pay check they are there to work with every one of the students to get them caught up and we're there because of something that wasn't so good. so thank you mrs carr and the rest of the staff, with out ADS wouldn't be possible

Posted April 03, 2009
This is the best Schoool i have ever attended! The Faculty and Staff are Friendly, and the curriculim is engaging and quite insightful. I would reccoment this school to any High School student who wants to get ahead, but has a past that keeps them held back.

Academy Del Sol Alt. 0

Posted February 23, 2009
everyday i think about how much i learned i hope everyday that i can go on to further my education without ads it probably would have never crossed my mind again thanks for havin me be apart of the first students that gave it a shot even though the ahs didnt care to much for us

Posted December 29, 2007
I Was one of the first students selected for this school and I am very proud to have been a student. Because of the Teachers I was able to graduate. I now serve in the Army in Field Artillery. I am working on my next rank as well as going to college for my future job in law enforcement. I just wanted to say that Mrs Carr, Mr and Mrs Martian, and all the rest i miss you all alot.

Posted October 08, 2007
I was starting my junior year, and didn't even have freshman credits due to my own negligence. At ADS I managed to get enough credits to graduate in my year. The student/teacher ratio made a huge difference. You get more one on one attention, less distraction, and it also made it easier to raise my hand and ask questions. Teachers care about your education and your personal life. If you don't show up, they will call and look for you. They want to know you are doing well in all aspects of your life, and will help you no matter what. Special thanks to Mrs. Dettmer, Mrs. Johnson, and Mr. Martin. I miss you all, and thanks for keeping a sense of humor... it made a huge difference for me.

Academy Del Sol Alt. 0

Posted August 06, 2007
This was the best school I ever attended!!!!

Posted November 21, 2005
I think that Academy Del Sol is the best school ever.I reallly like all the staff there everyone is always there to help you no matter what.Mrs.Carr is a great lady and i love her to death she is always there when i need her i wanna thank her so much for everything she has done.When i feel like Im ready to give up she is there to pull me back up she is a wounderful person and a great Principal Mr.Cates and Mrs.Cates are also wounderfull people and i wanna thank them also for all there help if i would of never went to academy del sol i would not of been able to graduate with my class and Academy Del Sol has made that possible I Love all the staff My Pe teacher is my best friend he is so Cool Mr.Sositmen thanks Dude

Academy Del Sol Alt.
1200 Florida Ave Bldg C, Alamogordo, NM  88310
Last modified Academy Del Sol Alt. is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Del Sol Alt. Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top